California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Go Kart Question: SpeedRing or this new place?

Old 12-17-2003, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new place is already open, the one in burlingame. went there twice already... it's pretty good. track is pretty nice, mondays they open it open and connect both tracks, but usually it's fine with just one open. karts are new, fast, but i don't like the fact that the engine cuts off when u gas/brake at the same time, even tho it never happened to me. also there are a lot of people working there... but the bad part is that they're all pretty incompetent right now cuz they just started. first time i went it was pretty free and did everything quick, even got the track to ourselves. second time it was soooooo slow, just getting tickets and finally racing took awhile. other than that it's pretty good.. lemans on the other hand.. prtty good there, same deal. just much farther away so i go to the burlingame one. price is about the same, just older karts. i do like the track better at burlingame even tho that damn bridge is a little stupid... but yah.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by RACER
Is anyone down with going to Malibu Grand Prix in Redwood City???
malibu is soooooo bad. karts suck, track sucks, people suck. the people that work there have this power trip. they don't even like it when u go fast in their karts. plus u get a print out of your times at real karting places... and the price is about the same at malibu. wow, after falling off the face of the s2ki earth i still have .4 ppd. it's been like 8 months. i recently got a motorcycle and i'm on barf, sadly i still like this forum better than barf when i think about it tho.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:14 PM

yeh that bridge is stupid. Makes me feel like driving on a mini-golf course.
When I heard there's elevation change I was hoping something like corkscrew or some off-camber turn. Kart seems a little bit faster than lemans. (marginal)
cost is $25/$20 after/before 4pm. You need to pay $5 for a stupid annual membership fee too.