California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Hard dog group buy?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hard dog group buy?

Anyone interested in the immediate future in getting a Hard Dog roll bar? I'm hoping if we buy a few as a group, we can get some savings on the shipping, as apparently they won't allow vendors to discount the price of the roll bar itself.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about getting one. Not sure if I'm committed ATM though.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oregoncurtis
ditto. i want one, but i want keep the interior panels intact. don't have time to do the install myself anymore, and i know it's going to cost an arm and a leg to have it done right.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by oregoncurtis
Okay. I'm probably going to order it be the end of the week, so probably too soon for you.

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
ditto. i want one, but i want keep the interior panels intact. don't have time to do the install myself anymore, and i know it's going to cost an arm and a leg to have it done right.
I'm going to order it with the removeable diagonal and harness bar so I can keep the interior intact. AFAIK, it is the only bar besides the Cusco/Safety 21 that will allow for that.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Originally Posted by oregoncurtis' timestamp='1373908582' post='22666888
Okay. I'm probably going to order it be the end of the week, so probably too soon for you.

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
I'm going to order it with the removeable diagonal and harness bar so I can keep the interior intact. AFAIK, it is the only bar besides the Cusco/Safety 21 that will allow for that.
PM pricing you would get if i was to order one. I was thinking the same model removable diagonal and harness bar. I was researching it the other day and you would have to take some of the panels out temporarily while running the diagonal and harness bar in order to keep them intact. Not much work though if you only track it every so often.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM

aw bad timing
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't you end up with the harness bar too high if you keep the interior intact? I would prefer to do that, too, but if I have to remove the hoops to get the harness bar at the right height, I figure I might as well go for welded double diagonals at that point. Rockstar is cheaper when you add it all up, but do you figure the Hard Dog has more battle-testing and is worth it for piece of mind?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:59 AM

The harnesses will definitely have a large obtuse angle, but rather that than acute. I'm not willing to remove my interior, so unfortunately the Hard Dog is the only option.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

don't know anyone w/a Rockstar Garage bar, but I was at their shop a few months ago. briefly looked at a couple bars laying around, and they seemed pretty well made. had an Autopower bar in one of my old cars, and the RG's welds looked just about as good. Can't make any further comments about the RG's design or functionality, but from what I've read, Justin/RG owner gets quite a bit of track time in his car. Allegedly, his bars are SCCA & NASA approved.

anyways, i'm definitely not giving up any of my interior for a bar. my S is my occasional weekend/roadtrip car, so i don't want it looking/sounding/feeling like crap.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 AM

I have no doubt that the Rockstar Garage bars will do the job fine, I just can't live with the compromises.

For the record, NASA and SCCA do not approve bars per say. It's just a question as to if they pass their rule set or not.

Quick Reply: Hard dog group buy?