California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

The latest custom car art project by Drisana

Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The latest custom car art project by Drisana

I've always heard about the TV series Initial D, and only started watching it for the first time a couple months ago. We have been working our way through a boxed set loaned by our good friend. After watching the show, I felt a bond with Takumi, who just had a way of being so nonchalant and humble about his driving experience. I was born and raised in the Santa Cruz mountains and as a child, growing up, I used to absolutely love it when the motorcycles and car clubs would come smashing by my family's sedans on the weekends. I would constantly monitor the road, and feel chills down my spine when the bikes would pass us on one wheel at crazy RPMs. My dad, much like Takumi's dad, is a speed freak, a full race mechanic who used to race inboard hydroplanes quite successfully for many years. I grew up spending weekends on the road traveling to boat races, smelling the "alcohol" (fuel) of these crazy boat engines. Some of the main points I've taken from Initial D are that intimate knowledge of the road you drive, love/respect for your car, and repetition/practice are the foundations to being a great driver. It's not so much about the car you drive, but what you can do with it.

Drisana had been diligently hiding her email history the last week or two, promising a surprise present was on the way for me that I would "absolutely love". Yesterday, the gift arrived and of course I loved it. Modeled after the Initial D racing team's "Akina Speed Stars" own sticker, "Alpine Speed Stars" represents "Alpine Road" (not "Alpine White"...I don't drive a Bimmer), the road I call home!

Alpine Road ain't pretty, but its a technical course, and a test of skill and commitment. A path through the beautiful redwoods, oaks, and farm lands. Front lips and lowered cars, beware!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am loving this, mannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

p.s.,
totally forgot I had an account on here.

LOLZ!
-D
Old 08-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by comptechgsr
I am loving this, mannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

p.s.,
totally forgot I had an account on here.

LOLZ!
-D
You know you want an s2k!
Bite the bullet and get one, then you can be a part of the Alpine Speed Stars!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice! i do jobs up off Alpine road some times... So if you see a Geek Squad VW bug... most likely it would be me... I think i've seen you driving before on the road but now with that sticker... i can identify if it was you or not.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice! i do jobs up off Alpine road some times... So if you see a Geek Squad VW bug... most likely it would be me... I think i've seen you driving before on the road but now with that sticker... i can identify if it was you or not.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by iDashX
I will keep an eye out for you. With so few neighbors, I feel like I recognize most of the locals on the road. That must be a fun/long drive to make in a company car! All you need is a custom Geek Squad sticker for your S, and you will really start enjoying work!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:20 PM

Sweet I just started watching initial D too lol. You better hope a real life 86 doesnt show up and take over Alpine
Old 08-07-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all on Netflix! I mustve watched this over 30x from start to end, hahahahahaha...in fact, I still watch random episodes when I come home hahaha

Looks really cool & relevant in your case which is super cool!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:54 PM

The sticker itself was printed, cut, and shipped by Pat The Sign Guy. A big to him for helping me out. Check him out here: http://www.patthesignguy.com/ He was great through the entire process and speedily cut and shipped everything. Seriously it got to my house a day or so after he finished it all. I'm so impressed and thankful!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, Pat is a cool dude!

Quick Reply: The latest custom car art project by Drisana