California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

PS3 Owners Already Trading in Console

Old 12-11-2006, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PS3 Owners Already Trading in Console

Over at the EB games in Dublin 2 PS3's have been traded in already for 360's so if you want a PS3 for cheap then head over or call them. They may be gone already. This was as of Sunday morning.

Price for a used PS3 was like $300+ but under $500. I didnt get an exact price but definetly worth looking into.

I am waiting a year like I did with the 360. When we get release dates for GT5 and RE5 then I will be looking at picking up the PS3. Until then GOW and Lost Planet will work just fine.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't buy a first gen ps3 for personal use... ><
Old 12-11-2006, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ppl starting to realize that they have PS3 with nothing to play on it
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by beanolo,Dec 11 2006, 10:04 AM
Your right but its just a fad as with all new consoles. People will eventually realize that the PS3 is a $300-$400 system. Nothing more. People will always try to make a fast buck on whatever is the newest thing on the street and especially if its in short supply with a huge demand. Thats just how our soceity is. Sad but its the norm.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 AM

Yuup
Old 12-11-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Dec 11 2006, 10:08 AM
Your right but its just a fad as with all new consoles. People will eventually realize that the PS3 is a $300-$400 system. Nothing more. People will always try to make a fast buck on whatever is the newest thing on the street and especially if its in short supply with a huge demand. Thats just how our soceity is. Sad but its the norm.
Nah, with the built in features for blu-ray, plus the added technical aspects of the PS3, its worth more than the 360 IMO, as long as developers figure out what to do with all the added power and space.

I'll let you know next december what I think about the PS3 Give em a year, the 360 sucked on launch too.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:40 AM

+1
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by beanolo,Dec 11 2006, 10:25 AM
Nah, with the built in features for blu-ray, plus the added technical aspects of the PS3, its worth more than the 360 IMO, as long as developers figure out what to do with all the added power and space.

I'll let you know next december what I think about the PS3 Give em a year, the 360 sucked on launch too.
A review of the Blu-ray player in the PS3.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hd-dvd-bl...sc-players.html

the PS3 certainly performs like a serious A/V component. Compared to other high-def disc players I've tested, it was wonderfully fast and responsive, taking less than 10 seconds to put an image onscreen once I selected a Blu-ray Disc lodged in its slot. Pressing the controller's Select button during playback gives you a detailed display of geek stats such as video codec and data rate, audio format, and channel count. And the machine offers very smooth fast-motion playback for scanning through discs, including a 1.5x scan mode with audio. The only thing that rubbed me wrong was the PS3's fan noise, which made it much louder than any other gear in my system, including a DVR and Sony front projector. It was even noisier than my Toshiba HD DVD player, and that thing is LOUD!

Most Blu-ray Discs that I watched with the PS3 looked stunningly good. Black Hawk Down, a movie I don't remember being impressed with on DVD, looked exceptionally crisp, with a solidity, depth, and dimensionality that easily rivaled that of the best HD DVDs out there. The film at times has a grainy look, but in this case the grain was stable, finely rendered, and well integrated with the picture. Surfaces such as a cracked wall in the market area where soldiers stage their battle showed a wide palette of subtle hues and textures. And darker films such as Mission: Impossible III had a deep, chiaroscuro-like effect, showing exceptional picture contrast.

Regular DVDs I watched on the PS3 also looked quite good, proving the player capable of clean 480p cross-conversion (since the PS3 lacks a built-in scaler to bump standard DVD pictures up to 1080i/p or 720p resolution, the best you can get is 480p). With its Automatic Cinema Conversion mode engaged, the player failed the 2:3-pulldown test on a Silicon Optix test disc, but I didn't see any jagged edges in any of the movies I watched.

My audio experiences with the PS3 were equally powerful. Watching Black Hawk Down with the disc's uncompressed 5.1-channel PCM track selected, the beating helicopter wings in a scene where the Black Hawks take off on a mission had a palpable effect, as if they were slicing around the room with my head at center-axle. And when "Voodoo Child" (Stevie Ray Vaughan's version, not Hendrix's) faded in, the music sounded full and clear despite being layered under a heap of cinema sound effects.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 AM

agreed, PS3 has some serious features that just aren't tapped into yet.

I mean, how long before a game like God of War showed us exactly what a PS2 could do? Hopefully it doesn't take that long with the PS3 though...
Old 12-11-2006, 10:05 AM

People are already selling USED PS3's?!

Quick Reply: PS3 Owners Already Trading in Console