California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

****Next Meet: Oct 8, Sunday - SCCA Auto-X****

Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****Next Meet: Oct 8, Sunday - SCCA Auto-X****

Fresno people-

Event: SCCA Auto-x. Here's your chance to improve your driving skills! Without worrying about crashing or getting tickets! If you want to attend the meet and watch, you're more than welcome also. You're not required to race and it's free to watch.

Date: Oct 8 - Sunday

Meet time: 7 am

Meet place:

Chevron Gas Station
Herndon & Polk
Fresno, CA 93722

*This is the Chevron gas station right after the big "hump" on Herndon. Everyone can gas up here, etc. Plan on leaving Fresno around 10 am to drive up to Atwater(please do not be late! We need to be on time to be able to walk the course, etc.) Atwater is about a 45 minute drive from Fresno.

Stock S2000's run in group AS (A Stock) - run in afternoon. "Normally", depending on how many cars run in the morning groups, the afternoon group starts around 12 pm to 1 pm. If we arrive be 11 am, it gives us a chance to check out the course, sign up, grab lunch, etc.

There are certain mods that bump you out of stock (such as an intake). Please visit our Fresno chapter SCCA site for complete details on car classes.

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Fresno/index.html

There's a link on there for car classes.

What do I need to bring?

1) Money - Non SCCA members = $30 for 5 runs. SCCA members = $25 for 5 runs. Sometimes the group does "fun runs" at the end of the event : $1 per run (*I haven't been out there in over a year so this may have changed).

2) Sunblock - Part of auto-xing means working the course. That means standing out on the course and picking up knocked down cones. There is no shade at Castle Air Force Base so plan on being out in the sun! Dress cool (hat, t shirt, etc.) and wear shoes you can run in.

3) Water / fluids.

4) A helmet (if you have one). The SCCA site goes over what kind of helmet is required. If you do not have one, they have loaners (you'll have to turn in your driver's license for a loaner). If you plan on auto-xing in the future, I would pick one up on Ebay. I have an extra one (medium). Let me know if someone wants to use it.

5) Your car! Everyone out there are "car" people. It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive (this is not strictly S2000's!) - everyone is more than willing to help if this is your first time. You'll have me and Shawn (9000Red - assuming he goes) out there to help you so don't be afraid if it's your first time out!

6) Time! Plan on being out there for most of the day. Depending on how many cars come out, I've seen the afternoon run group run as late as 7 pm. In my past experience, we're usually done by 5 pm though.

Pictures from past events:

Any questions, please feel free to post.

Please post if you are in!

1) Conekiller (Brian)
2)
3)
4)
5)
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Count me in Brian, that weekend of Sept. 8-10 I'll be in S.F. I couldn't find the address of the Castle Airport, please post it if you can, thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Amer,Aug 29 2006, 08:32 PM
Count me in Brian, that weekend of Sept. 8-10 I'll be in S.F. I couldn't find the address of the Castle Airport, please post it if you can, thanks.
"The site can be accessed by taking the Buhach Rd. exit off Highway 99. Once you are on the base, take the first left and follow to a "T" intersection. Turn left for about a half mile and the entrance is on your right."

Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the maps Brian, posted in Bay area, Sac, and Socal forums, maybe a few will be joining us.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:56 PM

I'll be piloting my ES car in SM2 as usual. Hope to see lots of S2ks out there!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BryanH,Aug 29 2006, 08:56 PM
I'll be piloting my ES car in SM2 as usual. Hope to see lots of S2ks out there!
I believe Shawn runs SM2 so you should have another competitor
Old 08-29-2006, 11:07 PM

Great! The more the merrier. Someone has to help me intimidate that pesky turbo Miata.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Back in the day:
Sideways in this pic

Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM

Be honest, between Jonathan, Brian, and Shawn, who is the fastest?
Old 08-30-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Brian.

Quick Reply: ****Next Meet: Oct 8, Sunday - SCCA Auto-X****