California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

New people to the forum - PLEASE READ!

Old 06-03-2002, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New people to the forum - PLEASE READ!

If you are new to the Central California Forum, Welcome to our local forum!!!!

Please post a reply here, so we can welcome any new members!

If you want to be a part of the club just post up where you are from and what kind of S2000 you have.

Amer has made some club cards for some of our club members. If you are interested in having some, PM Amer your contact info, and he can make you some and mail them to you, or give them to you at the next meet.

-Shawn
Old 06-25-2002, 01:28 PM

I'm going to go ahead and announce new CV S2Ker's members in this thread

We have found another Fresno S2Ker! His name is Sami and his S2Ki screenname is:
ca-dream
Drop him a hello and warm welcome if you get a chance

I put his profile he submitted up onto our members club page.

http://www.cvs2ks.net/profilesubmit.html

-Brian
Old 06-27-2002, 06:57 PM

Just got back from Honda North. A long time friend just went and bought the '02 black S2000 that was on the showroom floor!! His name is Thai. Watch out Shawn and Jonathan - another black S2K on the loose!

He doesn't get online, but anytime we meet, I'll give him a ring

Btw, he got it for sticker price(about 36 OTD) - with 36 miles on it. He said he's gonna suffer through that break in period, heh heh.

-Brian
Old 06-27-2002, 09:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, I PM'd ca-dream about our club, and glad to hear we now got 2 new members
Old 06-30-2002, 07:44 AM

I'd like to join in.

"gomarlins" caught me at a red light this morning and passed along his card. I, too, live in Fresno.

I've owned my red S2000 since March, 2001. Sorry no photos available on this computer, will post later.

I'm looking forward to sharing all that is "The Rocket."

Janene

Old 06-30-2002, 11:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry if I scared you this morning Janene. I know it's a little spooky for some strange guy (and those that know me will tell you "Yeah, he's a little strange") comes up to your window at a stop light. Welcome aboard!!
Old 06-30-2002, 12:20 PM

Welcome Janene! I've seen a couple of Red S2k's around town - maybe we've crossed paths before, heh. I've actually left a note on a red S2K at Thai House before we had our "business" cards. Whenever you get a chance, if you could please check out our profiles page: http://www.cvs2ks.com/cvcprofilesubmit.html You don't have to answer everything(unless you want to ) - just your name, email address, and car stuff is sufficient enough.

I'm thinking our next meet is the July 7th auto X at millerton. There's a seperate thread on this in the forum. Hope to meet you "newbies" to the club soon!

Jonathan, I'm surprised she didn't think you were Jeff Kent and asked for your autograph j/k Speaking of getting out of your car at a red light(little off topic) - The other day at Blackstone and Shaw, a guy behind me got out of his car, walked up to my window and asked "What kind of car is that?"(since I have Rick's S2K badges). That put a smile on my face for the rest of the day!

-Brian

Oh yeah, if you plan of surfing the message board a lot and would like to use one of our banners, please let me know. I'll explain how to put it in your signature. If anyone would like their own "business" card, you'll need to contact the card man, Shawn(9000Red) and let him know.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard Janene!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:59 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

I checked out the cvs2K website earlier today and had difficulty opening the links. I'm heading over there again after I post to see if I can navigate my way through successfully.

I did fill out the profile and read a few, too.

I just have to say that I LOVE my car! I've had Preludes, Integras, and Accords, and this blows them all out of the water. My uncle races Shelby Cobras and is usually very critical of all cars. He gives thumbs up the the S2K, which is saying a lot.

My boyfriend, Darin, loves the car even more than I do, if that's possible. As I am sure you've all experienced the same thing, we get people stopping us all of the time, pointing and admiring the car. I've had my car 16 mos., and the admiration from others hasn't gotten any less frequent. It cracks it up.

I didn't buy the car for the attention. I bought it because I love it. I love the way it drives, the way it looks, and the fact that it isn't like every other car out there. It's unique.

This is probably the wrong board to ask this, but have any of you heard that Bond's car in the next OO7 movie will be an S2K?

Thanks again for the welcome.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bond has returned to Austin Martin for "Die Another Day." The Vanquish (sp?) was retrofitted with all wheel drive for this film (due out 11/22/02, I already have taken the day off) due to the sequence shot on the frozen lake. The Bond producers had signed a three movie deal with BMW when Brosnin took over. Each movie displayed the new release from BMW for the next year (Z3- Golden Eye, 760IL- Tomorrow Never Dies (UMMMM, Teri Hatcher), and Z8- The World Is Not Enough). BMW's only new release is the 7 series and that was displayed in the 2nd Brosnin film. I do hope that our beloved S2K will make an appearance in "Die Another Day" but the producers are calling the Vanquish the official Bond car. P.S. What color is always on the official Bond car?

Quick Reply: New people to the forum - PLEASE READ!