California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Still thinking about taking your car to Honda North now?

Old 11-05-2002, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't hear about this until my brother told me today and said it was in the news. Article taken from KSEE 24's web site(www.ksee24.com):

"State says Clovis Honda dealership cheated customers

State investigators have closed the service department at Honda North in Clovis, saying the dealership has cheated customers in one of the largest cases of consumer fraud in the Central Valley.

Honda North put recycled coolant in the cars of more than 2,600 customers from 1998 to 2001, didn't inform its customers of what was being done and even charged people for premium coolant, according to the Bureau of Automotive Repairs. The state has suspended the dealership's license to repair vehicles until Friday night.

The management at Honda North refused an on-camera interview, but told KSEE-24 off-camera that recycled coolant has the same chemical makeup as factory coolant. They also said that not writing "recycled" on customer invoices was a paperwork mistake.

Honda North must pay penalties totaling nearly $200,000 to the state and to Fresno County.

If you are one of the 2,600 customers who got the recycled coolant, you'll be getting a letter in the mail. As part of an agreement with the state, the dealership must offer to replace your coolant for free. Honda North is also on probation for the next four years, which means state investigators will keep a close eye on the dealership during that time."

Hmmm, kind of makes me wonder about my spark plug change.......

-Brian
Old 11-06-2002, 06:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bummer.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although you can't really fully trust any dealership, it's probably safer now to take your car to Honda North more than ever.....since they'll be on probation and *hopefully* they'll be more careful about stuff.