California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Anything in SoCal better than Chewerks?

Old 03-05-2018, 01:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jyeung528
Tony Fuch is great. However, that is exceptionally far from Irvine.
It's worth the hassle. I've had Tony work on my S for the last 16 years. He stands behind his work unlike at least one of the shops mentioned. He is open some Saturdays and with an appointment can do most stuff in one day. (BIG BONUS, his shop rate is very reasonable.)
Old 03-06-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Sideways
It's worth the hassle. I've had Tony work on my S for the last 16 years. He stands behind his work unlike at least one of the shops mentioned. He is open some Saturdays and with an appointment can do most stuff in one day. (BIG BONUS, his shop rate is very reasonable.)
I definitely support Tony and his work. Any chance that white stripped down s2000 that's being built back to stock is yours?
Old 08-09-2019, 03:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bb62ap1
Have you heard of Balladesports? They're in Garden Grove and have done everything on my car including a full engine rebuild. Ask for Alex. Btw, I've had stuff done with Rob from Chewerks and Justin from Rockstar and both are great. But Balladesports is the best S2000 shop in town.
No offense, but this is bullshit. I've heard enough from enough people and have enough personal experience to know that Alex and his shop are not worth my business. "Best" is just pure opinionated bullshit unless you count screwing with people's cars, blatant lying, and making sub-par parts "the best." You can see my review in this forum and ask around to find out more.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been going to Tony Fuchs pretty much for the last 12 years. He has done my clutch and a few other things items over the years. He never up-sells any services and stands behind his work. I highly recommend him and worth the drive to anyone in the southland. There is also a Enterprise rental car place about 10 minutes away, so you can rent cheap car for a day.

BTW, I agree with the others about Ballade. My one time experience with Ballade left me feeling a bit greasy.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stinky_finger
BTW, I agree with the others about Ballade. My one time experience with Ballade left me feeling a bit greasy.
My one time experience left me feeling misled.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aliso viejo

S2k owner and shop owner in Aliso viejo. I’ve been working on s2k since 2000 at Weseloh honda. Call, pm or atop by Aliso Viejo Auto Service for all your repairs and installs. 10 minutes from irvine.
The following users liked this post:
ApexHunter (12-03-2021)
Old 09-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecaddict
A little far from Irvine, but I recommend Tony Fuchs at Mid Valley Auto
I agree 100%, Tony is a master with all repairs on S2000's
Old 12-21-2019, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to Tony Fuchs for a few years and had a ton of good work done, stopped going after Blacktrax in San Jose (moved there for a couple years) found a leaf in my valve cover gasket. Minor reason, probably, but details matter to me.

looking for a new shop since I moved back to SoCal (away from the valley), considering Chewerks, Evasive, and Mazdaspeed00
Old 12-23-2019, 11:07 AM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence
I went to Tony Fuchs for a few years and had a ton of good work done, stopped going after Blacktrax in San Jose (moved there for a couple years) found a leaf in my valve cover gasket. Minor reason, probably, but details matter to me.

looking for a new shop since I moved back to SoCal (away from the valley), considering Chewerks, Evasive, and Mazdaspeed00
what was the condition of the leaf?
Old 12-26-2019, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence

Originally Posted by jyeung528
what was the condition of the leaf?
And what color? Hopefully you were able to remove the leaf.

Quick Reply: Anything in SoCal better than Chewerks?