California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Car is keyed everywhere

Old 05-26-2013, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector tequila
First of all, thanks for all the kind words and support guys. I really wish I could respond to every comment here lol. It really does mean a lot and I've gathered a lot of useful information from putting this thread up. Also, I'm definitely someone who would admit to my faults, but I really am not on bad terms with my neighbors, friends and have not done anyone dirty. I can't think of why anyone would do this (blue sports car?) but now I kinda wish I would've pissed someone off so I could at least wrap my head around this a bit. Being completely honest with myself, I did not do anything to deserve this and am on good terms with everyone in my life. I want to believe that it was just a group of punks but the fact that whoever it was keyed words also makes me consider otherwise. Who knows... all I can say is I'm praying that they'll come back to vandalize again so I can get these losers on camera and put them where they belong in jail.

*I also posted the same exact thread on the Gallery section of the forums just in case to get some extra feedback.

Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1369270315' post='22561001
That's truly awful.

Ever consider a dash cam with motion sensor to keep an eye on your car? A $300 investment in a nice camera with a hardwired in power source (one that turns off when your car battery gets low) is way less than the cost of the inconvenience, heartache, hassles of dealing with insurance and the cost of the paint job.

Oh... I honestly just groaned when I saw those pictures. So sad. And sometimes it has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything you did anywhere. Just vandals who randomly decide to target a car that just happens to be conveniently available.

PS I know where you can get a nice cam...
Thanks for the advice, I wish I would've looked into this sooner. Honestly, I haven't had too much time to really look into these but I'm definitely ready to buy one right now. Would you be kind enough to advise me where I can pick up a good and reliable one sir?

Originally Posted by pemex70
I had a minor version of this and I was more disappointed with the local youth than anything.

Yours is worse. Sorry to see this happen.
Ouch, that's messed up man. You're S is beautiful.. Sorry to see that, hope it wasn't too much work to fix

Originally Posted by ValleyBoy
Been there and mine was from ignorant skin heads. Let me know how I can help I work for DTM autobody and you wont be sorry with our repairs.
Hey man, it was good seeing you today at DTM autobody! Haha good looking out man, and I appreciate all your help and support. I'm sure you guys will do a great job and take care of her

Originally Posted by Terdburgler
WTF is wrong with people. Stuff like this costs people money. Looking at the pictures they really took their time carving at your car. They traced over twice in some sections to make sure he could read it. I get the feeling it's someone you know.

I bought my M3 from a guy who had multiple cars. He lived in Mexico and had a fence around his house, but was always worried that someone would break his gate down and jack the M3. He got tired of worrying at night, so he sold it to me. I keep the S in the garage and the M3 on the driveway or street, but I always worry that young punks or jealous neighbors may do my car wrong. I live in a relatively safe neighborhood like Irvine, but you never know.
I get that feeling too, but at the same time I can honestly look in the mirror and say that I haven't done anyone wrong. Nothing I can recall, I'm no saint but I do my best stay on good terms with everyone. You have a good point though with how personal the keying was, hopefully these punks will come again for a round two---I'm praying that they do so I can get them on security camera and be waiting for them. I went to school in Irvine and so many of my buddies from UCI seemed to have gotten their cars vandalized as well.. Anywhere from driveways on houses to school parking structures to infamous Park West. Be safe out there bro.

Originally Posted by Juice Steez
I would usually say which girl did you upset but the sad reality is that it's not just girls/woman that do this now a days. No matter how mad I could get, I would never harm someone elses car. SMH...

Sorry to see this happen and I hope you can get this taken care of.
I feel you, I was surprised to see how many people brought up the whole "ex-girlfriend" thing. It's almost like a stereotype now but for good reason I guess lol.

Originally Posted by jt183
i just cried.....

Never let your brother take the garage parking anymore!
I don't know if it was particularly targeted towards me, but regardless I took one for the team :/

Originally Posted by END
Where in Irvine is this? My top got slashed near Yale/Walnut a few years ago. They never caught who did it but I have a feeling it was some young punks who hung out in the neighborhood.
This was actually in Fullerton. My first incident (link on the first page) was in Irvine (UCI). They never caught who did it on my car either, but I don't doubt it was a group of spoiled ass rich kids with nothing better to do.

UPDATE:
Man it's been a real rough past two days. So I ended up going DTM Autobody and they'll be working with insurance to get me a brand new paint job. I feel like it's in good hands and have heard really good things about them, actually saw 'ValleyBoy' today lol I'm just trying really hard to stay positive from here on, no point in being upset and I don't want this to eat me up inside forever. I will be setting up security cameras at the house for sure, and now I just need to work on figuring out which dash cam to buy to put in my car. Thanks again for all the feed, advice, and support, will definitely keep you guys updated.
Bro you cant let ignorance get the best of you because it was ignorant people that did this and Ive got you covered at the shop do not worry.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM

Thanks guys and ValleyBoy for the advice. My car's at the shop now and the adjuster is supposed to be going there tomorrow to take a look at it. Will keep you guys updated with progress.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, I'm so sorry to hear this. Fullerton? Damn I go to school there.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sad fact is S2000 owners (and anyone who has a nice car these days especially in a "criminals come first" state like Calif@#kya) you had better keep it in a garage and lock both. All the best to you in getting her put right. Cameras are a requirement these days in the "golden shower state"
Old 06-03-2013, 07:01 PM

I don't get how people do this honestly, but I live in a well guarded place so I never even worry about stuff like this.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ateens4
Yup... Fullerton

UPDATE
The car is at the shop now for paint (DTM AUTOBODY), really great guys btw if you ever need work done I'm also getting my hardtop painted to match the body while I'm at it, hope everything works out well. Here's a picture I snapped when I stopped by today

Feel free to follow me on Instagram: @treblanuj
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector tequila
Originally Posted by ateens4' timestamp='1370279878' post='22583616
Yup... Fullerton

UPDATE
The car is at the shop now for paint (DTM AUTOBODY), really great guys btw if you ever need work done I'm also getting my hardtop painted to match the body while I'm at it, hope everything works out well. Here's a picture I snapped when I stopped by today

Feel free to follow me on Instagram: @treblanuj
Dam,I live in fullerton. Sorry to see this happen to a fellow s2k owner. I hope someday you find out who did it. If you don't mind me askin,what part of fullerton did this
happen?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 PM

[/quote]
Dam,I live in fullerton. Sorry to see this happen to a fellow s2k owner. I hope someday you find out who did it. If you don't mind me askin,what part of fullerton did this
happen?
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words man, it actually happened around Malvern and Gilbert smh.

UPDATE

So it's been a while but I did want to make a quick update. I've been real slammed with work so didn't have time to go on S2Ki too much but better late than never! I finally got my S back from the body/paintshop (DTMAUTOBODY) a little while back and was able get everything repainted through insurance except for the front bumper, door handles, and side mirrors. I did end up getting the door handles painted as well and the hardtop while I was at it. I've gotta say, DTMAUTOBODY definitely did a great job and the hospitality I received from the guys there (shoutout to Leland and Antonio aka ValleyBoy) was priceless. They buffed the front bumper as much as they could so it could be color matched with the rest of the car and not stand out too much, it still kinda does in person but that's not their fault. I checked out a couple other body shops but they were the only ones I really trusted with my S in regards to the paint and not messing it up. Everything looks immaculate, and my favorite part has to be the painted hardtop as I left the sides alone to show the carbon fiber. I don't have too many good photos of the new paint, but here are some quick iPhone/Instagram pictures lol.

I couldn't be happier with the result, now I'm garaging my car at all times and also invested in the Blackvue Dash Cam + Power Magic Pro. Once again, much love to DTMAUTOBODY and make sure to hit them up if you guys ever need anything. They're a class act and will definitely take care of you
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 PM

cars looking really goood

let me know if you need help installing the dash camera
Old 07-10-2013, 08:15 AM

Looks great I work off commonwealth and Gilbert definitely not a good area. I've seen u a couple times I'm in a berlina ap1 with carbon mugen hardtop

Quick Reply: Car is keyed everywhere