California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

This freakin bites

Old 11-17-2004, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This freakin bites

All,

I have an 04 Sebring with red/blk intr that I just got in June of this year. I also recently purchased a used 02 WRX wagon, also in silver. With in 1 week of owning it, I already put a Injen cold air intake, downpipe and crossover pipe. The wagon is a whole different car with those mods, but still can't compare to the acceleration of my stock S2k. Well let me get to the point.......Last night my neighbor (head of R&D at Injen) asked me to drive a car back from his friend's pad. I had no idea what car it was until we got there. When we did arrive, I was in awe because I was gawken at an STI with frontmount IC, and whole alot of other goodies. But still I was like....yeah whatever....my S2k is cool......stock. Then when my friend Paul says ok lets go I was like
On the way back.....he was driving his BMW and I was in the STI. The ride quality was ok....kinda on the ruff side.....almost the same as my S2k. I decided to get on it a little to see what I am dealing with and..........................DAYYYAAMMM........... ..this car was sick. I did not feel any significant boost lag as compared to my wagon. The car was hella fun to mess around in. I felt very much at home in the car. Seating position was perfect for me. I was pretty much impressed with the interior, especially the gauge cluster. The car was awesome all the way around and inside and out.
When I got home, alot of things were rushing in head. I should have bought the STI instead of the S2k. Should I trade my S2k for a STI and sell my wagon? Should I keep my S2k and trade my wagon? Should I keep my S2k and go crazy with my wagon, but my wagon is my daily driver. I don't know. I'm a bit confused.
Then today I actually took the S2K out. Drop the top, blasted the sound system and off to work I go. I was actually competing against my stereo........vtec has to be louder.......oh no I think my stereo is louder........oh wait I think vtec is louder.
Looking around and noticing that you are the only S2k on the road at moment. Vtecing in 1st through 4th gear. Just things I was doing to bring my mind off the STI.
Well sorry for the long post. I just needed some place to output my thoughts and what I'm going through at the moment.

Vtec on

Jake
Old 11-17-2004, 11:53 AM

Hi, Jake,

While it's true that the S is not the only cool car on the market, and performance is a huge factor in choosing a car, I the fact that this baby is a convertible. Stops any and all 2nd thoughts right there. Any other car that I was interested in, even if it came as a drop-top, does not look as good as the S with its top up OR down....just my humble opinion....OK, NOT so humble, cause I luv this car! Mike
Old 11-17-2004, 12:06 PM

Are you referring to paul ho, head of r&d at injen?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kinda know where your coming from. Last night I order pizza and right as I open the door, the delivery guy says NICE CAR! I say kind of cocky "which one" and he says the Sti. I'm in shock now because the Sti is stock, but the S2k has quite a few mods. It kinda ruined my night. Now, I'm not trying to sound conceited, but it just surprised me. I feel very lucky to have 2 cool cars. I just feel that the S2k is a better looking car.

As far as the difference between the 2, it is just personal preference. The Sti can fit four comfortably, is damn fast and sticks good. However it's kind of generic looking and feeling.

The S2k gets all the looks, handles great and of course is a convertible. However to me it's a little scarier/exhilarating to drive at the limit. I feel that the driver position is better also. Driving the Sti hard I find myself legs spread wide trying to brace myself and not slide around the seat. The S2k holds me tight.

I think the Sti is a "better" daily driver, but the S2k is definitely more adrenalin producing. It's all personal opinion. Their both good cars. Hope that helps.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:45 PM

Definitely drop the Wagon and pick up the STi. Why not own two of the best cars around?

Ryan
Old 11-17-2004, 04:32 PM

Thanks for all your thoughts.....I really appreciate it. I think I will stick to my wagon for awhile and mess with it even more. As for the S2k.....you are all right when it comes to being a bad ass lookin ride, and a fun one at that.

Jake