California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

more problems concern about So. Cal's rain

Old 10-21-2004, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more problems concern about So. Cal's rain

humm.. just tonight on the way home i realized something smells like wet clothes trapped in a a plastic bag or something that was not properly dried... and found out the stuff i put on my passenger seat (which has fallen down to the carpet and floor) was all wet due to the carpet, did not have any passenger on my car today since i was just going back and forth to school and work... i put my hand down to touch the carpet, and yes... the carpet was ALL soaked with water, it stinks!!!...

humm.. could it be water that somehow got in from under the car, does s2k have any opening at the floor area that allow the water to get through from outside...

any suggestions how should i can clean it.. (i was thinking using a blow dryer it)...

thanks,
Mike
Old 10-21-2004, 12:49 AM

I have the same problem mike. But I came into my car soaking wet so thats probably why my carpet is wet.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mlswoosh,Oct 21 2004, 12:05 AM
humm.. just tonight on the way home i realized something smells like wet clothes trapped in a a plastic bag or something that was not properly dried... and found out the stuff i put on my passenger seat (which has fallen down to the carpet and floor) was all wet due to the carpet, did not have any passenger on my car today since i was just going back and forth to school and work... i put my hand down to touch the carpet, and yes... the carpet was ALL soaked with water, it stinks!!!...

humm.. could it be water that somehow got in from under the car, does s2k have any opening at the floor area that allow the water to get through from outside...

any suggestions how should i can clean it.. (i was thinking using a blow dryer it)...

thanks,
Mike
You need to bring it to a detailer shop and have them shampoo your carpet and suck it dry. On the other hand, you can pull the carpet out yourself, wash and air dry it.

If you really want to save a dollar, wash it. then get a shop vac, and vac it dry.

BC
Old 10-21-2004, 11:26 AM

I have this problem too. It has something to do with an opening somewhere in/around the fender I belive that is causing it to leak into that part of the cabin. The first time I noticed it was when my car was outside (back in Maryland) during a HUGE rain storm. I got in the car after it calmed down some and there was 3inches of water sloshing around down there!!!!!

I believe it can be fixed, you have to take it to the dealer and have them order some special part. I was going to have it done before I moved, but by the time I got to it, I was in CA.

~Andrew
Old 10-21-2004, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by north9586,Oct 21 2004, 11:26 AM
I have this problem too. It has something to do with an opening somewhere in/around the fender I belive that is causing it to leak into that part of the cabin. The first time I noticed it was when my car was outside (back in Maryland) during a HUGE rain storm. I got in the car after it calmed down some and there was 3inches of water sloshing around down there!!!!!

I believe it can be fixed, you have to take it to the dealer and have them order some special part. I was going to have it done before I moved, but by the time I got to it, I was in CA.

~Andrew
hey thanks Andrew...

humm.. was it only on the passneger side?.. or both?.. cuase mine is only on the passenger side... yeah.. i was sure the water did not get in from the roof or the window since there was no evidence of it...

thanks,
Mike
Old 10-21-2004, 01:31 PM

I had the same problem, but it was my cd wallet that took much of the water. I also have some water in the honeycombs where my speakers are. (anyone else have this?) I also hate when the water from the roof (i have a hardtop) drops onto the seat when I open the door and get in. I'm going to Honda World tomorrow so I'll ask Pierceman or whoever I see about the water leak.

Jason
Old 10-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Banned

<------------- subscribing as i want to see if they tell you a solution or not.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=Back-cracker,Oct 21 2004, 06:12 AM]You need to bring it to a detailer shop and have them shampoo your carpet and suck it dry.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mlswoosh,Oct 21 2004, 03:14 PM
hey BC,
do u know how much roughly would it cost to have the detailer shop do it, because i'm a lazy bum.... haha... well its not only the removeable carpet with "S2000" on it, its the whole thing on the passenger side, carpet under the passenger seat as well... the water is gone now, but then the smell still remains...
i guess i'll buy some more air freshener!!

thanks,
Mike
For carpet cleaning, it's no more than 40-50 bucks. For the entire car(polish/wax), 100-130.00.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=Back-cracker,Oct 21 2004, 03:25 PM]For carpet cleaning, it's no more than 40-50 bucks.

Quick Reply: more problems concern about So. Cal's rain