California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

my poor little S is MIA

Old 09-27-2004, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my poor little S is MIA

I thought I would share my experiences with everyone.

After weeks of struggle with Scott Robinson Honda and American Honda I finally got granted some "good will" money to fix my top, the amount was TBD. American Honda approved some work on my S. They suggested that I take the car to Gardena Honda to get it looked at and get an estimate.

Let me point out that this all came after I went to Honda World and they pretty much did nothing for me, I was very disappointed with them after having read so many good things about them.

So i got the estimate from Gardena Honda and a recommendation. Gardena Honda basically said that I need to have the top realligned and the strikers needed to be replaced. I got the estimate of $586 and presented it to American Honda. They approved the work so I made an appointment and took in on Thursday morning at 7am. Before leaving I got an ET to see when I should go back to pick it up. They said about 3:30pm-4:30pm. So i missed work that day and waited patiently at home to get my car back.
At about 2:30pm I got a call from Gardena Honda and they asked if I can leave the car for another day because they haven't started work on the car yet. I said no because they assured me it would be done that day. They told me they were going to have a another tech work on it. So around 5:25pm i get a call telling me that the car is done and i can come and pick it up. my buddy paul(ricecooker1280) dropped me off at the location about 15 minutes later, thanx.

when they brought the car around i immediately noticed that the top was sitting about 2-3 inches about the windshield. I called the service advisor over and i was like "what the hell is this?" he looked at it a few minutes and agreed with me that it shouldn't be like that and that it wasn't like that when i dropped it off. (the gap was so big that you could stand in front of the car and look through the gap and out the back window)

after about 5 minutes of talking shit to them they apologized and tried to get me a rental car because i refused to take the car in that condition. they wanted me to take the car home and bring it back the next day...i said "HELL NO". i insisted on getting a loaner car from then because i had already missed a day of work and i wasn't going to miss 2 days. the rental agency on the premises was already closed so they drove to a another location to get a car but they were closed as well. finally they drove me to South Bay Toyota to get the car from them. they dropped me off there but didn't stick around. well, i couldn't get a car from them. i tried calling Gardena Honda back to come and pick up but they were close already...after calling around to get a ride i ended up walking home.

so the next morning i talked to them and they offered me a rental and they said they were going to get to work on my car asap. they authorized the rental until monday.

so this morning i go into the dealership to check the status of the car and i had to return the loaner. i get there, i start asking a bunch of questions and i find out that my car had been sitting there since thursday afternoon without anyone even attempting to take a look at it. do you think i was pissed? hell yeah i was pissed. they had my car for 4 days and not a damn thing was done. the service manager, Mark, came out to talk to me and i explained the situation to him and requested that he extend the authorization for the use of the loaner car...he said NO. i basically got in his face and said look guy your dealership messed up the top, you've had the car for 4 days and did nothing, and now you're going to leave me carless. i told him it was unacceptable.
he said he needs to contact American Honda to authorize the rental...i got into with him again because there was no need to make American Honda pay for a f**k-up on the dealerships end.
in the end i spent about 30-45minutes in the dealership this morning and got them to authorize the rental as long as it took to fix the car.

sorry for the lenght of the story...i just wanted to express the BS they put me through.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by rsaeini,Sep 27 2004, 12:13 PM
I thought I would share my experiences with everyone.
That SUCKS Ray!

Of course, the whole thing starts with that bastion of Honda Evil, where you got the car - Scott {a$$wipe} Robinson Honda. Did SRH ever say anything about your painted bumper?

Said it before, I'll say it again - the s2000 shoulda been badged as an Acura. Every time I got treated very well at Acura Dealers - and every time I get treated like crap at Honda Dealers. I haven't tried Honda World or Weseloh yet, if I need them I hope have as much success as everyone else here seems to report.

S2KPatrick almost bought this car too, didn't he? But you unknowingly beat him to the punch?

-JD

PS - Actually an Acura Salesman didn't treat me nicely once - when I wanted to test-drive the new '02 NSX - but he was right, I could have swung it but I was only fronting I didn't want to spend that much.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=rsaeini,Sep 27 2004, 12:13 PM] I thought I would share my experiences with everyone.

After weeks of struggle with Scott Robinson Honda and American Honda I finally got granted some "good will" money to fix my top, the amount was TBD. American Honda approved some work on my S. They suggested that I take the car to Gardena Honda to get it looked at and get an estimate.

Let me point out that this all came after I went to Honda World and they pretty much did nothing for me, I was very disappointed with them after having read so many good things about them.

So i got the estimate from Gardena Honda and a recommendation. Gardena Honda basically said that I need to have the top realligned and the strikers needed to be replaced. I got the estimate of $586 and presented it to American Honda. They approved the work so I made an appointment and took in on Thursday morning at 7am. Before leaving I got an ET to see when I should go back to pick it up. They said about 3:30pm-4:30pm. So i missed work that day and waited patiently at home to get my car back.
At about 2:30pm I got a call from Gardena Honda and they asked if I can leave the car for another day because they haven't started work on the car yet. I said no because they assured me it would be done that day. They told me they were going to have a another tech work on it. So around 5:25pm i get a call telling me that the car is done and i can come and pick it up. my buddy paul(ricecooker1280) dropped me off at the location about 15 minutes later, thanx.

when they brought the car around i immediately noticed that the top was sitting about 2-3 inches about the windshield. I called the service advisor over and i was like "what the hell is this?" he looked at it a few minutes and agreed with me that it shouldn't be like that and that it wasn't like that when i dropped it off. (the gap was so big that you could stand in front of the car and look through the gap and out the back window)

after about 5 minutes of talking shit to them they apologized and tried to get me a rental car because i refused to take the car in that condition. they wanted me to take the car home and bring it back the next day...i said "HELL NO". i insisted on getting a loaner car from then because i had already missed a day of work and i wasn't going to miss 2 days. the rental agency on the premises was already closed so they drove to a another location to get a car but they were closed as well. finally they drove me to South Bay Toyota to get the car from them. they dropped me off there but didn't stick around. well, i couldn't get a car from them. i tried calling Gardena Honda back to come and pick up but they were close already...after calling around to get a ride i ended up walking home.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:58 PM

It has been over a year, and one of my keys STILL isn't programed. I got my car at Honda World in Downey on Labor Day...after I traded my car in and they had me all hyped up about this Silverstone, it turns out that they didn't have a tech to PDI the car... so I couldn't take it home. They gave me a POS loaner to take home with me... (that was falling into pieces with the CEL on and everything)... asked to come back the next morning and that they would have my car ready at 7:30. I went back (mind you that I had to go from Murrieta to Downey...) and was there at 7AM... my car had not even been TOUCHED. Finally, they got the car ready after extreme amounts of bitching and yelling from me... I was super late to work and my car was handed to me after 9AM... with only 1 key programmed. So then the next weekend I drove up spent 2 hours there, to only have 1 (!) key programmed.. they didn't program the valet key.

Needless to say, I was upset. I expected more from them I suppose.

Either way, that sucks for you. Ive had experiences like that (3months without my Celica GT-S comes to mind)...
Old 09-27-2004, 01:01 PM

Hey man, I am going through something very similar. My car has been into warranty repair 4 going on 5 times tomorrow at both Honda World and Power Honda. The car has still not been correctly diagnosed and fixed properly and I have been told that my leaking fluid was first tranny fluid, then it was brake fluid and finally they said it was clutch fluid. Well...which is it?? I still do not know. I am taking my car back tomorrow and will probably get another gold hyundai or something just as bad. I have been talking to American Honda and they have given me an extended warranty for free but now on the fifth repair we are well into lemon law territory. They are sending my case to their legal department and I have threatened to get my attorney involved. 5 repairs in two monthes for the same problem is too f#$%ing much!!

Honda World has been wonderful to me throughout all of it, unforuntately American Honda has all the say so. I hold no blame to Honda World except they left my top down and the car sitting in the sun for three days. But the complete engine detail I got for free made up for that. I honestly think I am just unlucky enough to have bought the sour S2k.

Ryan
Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 PM

Hey Ray, didn't you say that you dealt with Chris Bruno at Honda World, not Matt? I'm not familiar with Chris, but it sound like he dropped the ball on this one. If I ran a dealership, I'd definitely want to know...so you might want to pass that onto Matt. Or he can read it here.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Sep 27 2004, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear the bad experience. I am not sure which is worst, not giving you some money (goodwill) from honda, or taking your car away for 4 days, and having no clue where it is, then taking your rental away. Do take in consideration the amount you pay a month for your car, vs the time lost in repairs. Your Top is not really 568+tax anymore, but it could be (let say) your car payment is 500/month and they hold your car for 1 week. That's 500/4 which is 125.00 a week, added on to the 568+tax, and not to include the rental fees that you are not being reimbuse for. (30+ a day for rental, I would assume)

Either way, you can't expect to walk in a referred dealer and recieve the help you think you'll get. Get to know the dealership, do some services, know the mechanics, and the service guys, then try to ask for help. Dealerships are brutal, and if you have a relationship with them, you can expect a "I Scratch you back, you scratch my back" mentality.

Talk to Matt, but even Matt can't perform miracles. There are many times, I had to call American Honda to get things done. Warranty work only pays a small percentage of the labor fees involved. They don't get the full 72.00 an hr. Keep that in mind.

Also, Keep us updated on your top! Maybe this location can be good for the local LA people.

BC
what kind of is this...
Old 09-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=PeterBinSDs2k,Sep 27 2004, 01:50 PM] what kind of
Old 09-27-2004, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, you've got a case for Lemon Law if you've been to the dealer 4 times for the same (exact) same problem and it hasn't been fixed yet. You also have a case if your car has been out of service for a total (cumulative) of 30 days. I've pursued this law before, and won... that's why I have my S2k today! I put the money I got back from my other car towards this one
Let me know if you need more info/details... it's very easy and almost always free.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rsaeini,Sep 27 2004, 08:13 PM
For that comment I will have to say Honda World of Westminster/Pierceman has treated me extremely well to say the least. He/they have limited power and can't satisfy everyone. However they DO have a pretty good batting average and have always done me right...

Like Shannon said, there are lemon laws and you should look into it.

Duc

Quick Reply: my poor little S is MIA