California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

SoCal Employment??

Old 09-12-2001, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal Employment??

Hey Folks-

I have been a member of this board for some time now. However, due to my job I've been very busy and unfortunately haven't been able to contribute much. I love my S2K so much and I learned everything about it from all of you. I come to you guys in need of some more help. I've worked with my company now for over 1 year and just found out tonight that they cannot gaurantee me a paycheck after the end of this month. Can you believe they asked me to stay and work and may be not get paid??? Well, obviously I cannot afford to work somewhere and not get paid. They already owe me almost $10,000 in back pay and I will likely not see that. I am the V.P. of Technology for this company and would like to stay in management whether it be Project management or some other I.T./Business associated work. I want to find a company that I can make a career out of. Do any of you know any possible opportunities??? Sorry, this is a bit off topic but I thought you guys might be able to help. Thanks for any advice or information you have!
Old 09-13-2001, 08:20 AM

Seems like many businesses are going this way. I've had my checks delayed many times. it's frustrating and scarey
Old 09-13-2001, 02:27 PM

Silver,

The job market right now SUCKS. I know many people, inlcuding Mingster and myself, that are unemployed right now. It's difficult finding jobs anywhere right now. I wish I could help you out.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:43 PM

I work for St. Jude Medical in Sylmar, CA. We develop and manufacture pacemakers for the heart. We are the 2nd largest in the industry next to Medtronics (Dick Cheney has this one).
Here is a link to what we have openings for....
http://www.crmdjobs.com/index2.html
Click on Career Opportunities/North America then select Sylmar - CA for location.
If you find anything you're interested, send me your resume with the req. #. I'm only a Software Engineer here, so I can't pull any strings for really influence top management!
Good Luck!
Old 09-13-2001, 03:15 PM

Guys,

Thanks for all of your responses! I agree, this has got to be the worst time to be looking for a job for some time now. I just have to keep peeling away at the market. I know there are many jobs out there still. It's just a matter of finding the right one too. I'm ideally looking for a career not just something to hold me over. I want to be with one company for many years to come. I know that persistence and help from good people like yourselves will help me and the rest of you find a good job. Thanks again for all of your comments!
Old 09-13-2001, 04:57 PM

Your resume is in the works at Aerojet (soon to be Northrop). Here's hoping something can come of it.

Chin up!

PS Why's your status read "Enthusiast" instead of "Owner"?
Old 09-13-2001, 06:09 PM

Magician-

Thanks a lot boss!!! Steve was also extremely helpful in helping out another S2ker! Thanks to you both!

About my status?? What's up with that?? That's weird, I'll have to look into that. I'm an enthusiast but also very much an owner since March 10th of this year! I'll never forget that day
Old 09-13-2001, 06:22 PM

Okay-

I got that taken care of. The reason my "status" didn't say "Owner" was because I joined this site a year ago before they had all the new additional fields. I just never knew they were there. Thanks for the update!!
Old 09-13-2001, 10:31 PM

Sorry to hear it Josh. We just had an all hands meeting today and were told there will be some layoffs soon. I'm in the airline industry and, as everyone knows, the hijacking F*** things up even further!
Old 09-15-2001, 09:40 AM

Josh,

I just got the same news yesterday 9/14. We didn't get paid and they told us all that they cannot guarantee paycheck. This time they asked us to wait 2 more weeks unpaid and hope things work out. I didn't think the bomb would drop so close to home.

Quick Reply: SoCal Employment??