California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Are there any s2000 clubs in S.D.

Old 10-17-2001, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gees... just got the mail yesterday.
I should check this board more often.
Have a dinner appointment thursday and a Golf thing on Saturday..
Hope there is a meet on the next event in Qualcomm stadium (I think in November).

Have fun guys and wave back if you see a Red with seats locked to the roll bar
Old 10-17-2001, 09:25 PM

Turboelan,

My fault, really. Will try to get the e-mail out sooner next time something's planned. Tomorrow we'll probably discuss how often we want to meet at Applebee's. You could cast your vote on this forum. (Maybe I'll make that a poll?)

cal
Old 10-17-2001, 09:37 PM

Calc,
Thanks!

If you ask me. I guess about once a month sounds good.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:44 AM

I had planned on trying to locate one when I got there. If it proves to be too difficult then I shall get one before the next event. See you Sat!
Old 10-18-2001, 12:50 PM

Navnurs, ask about a loaner when you register and before your run. They're supposed to be checked back in after each run group.
Old 10-21-2001, 08:10 AM

Hey Guys,
I had a blast on Sat! Did anyone else get a 63? I thought this stuff was supposed to be challenging!Seriously though, I placed my jump kit/cooler/sodas/favorite coffee mug on the ground where we had been hanging out prior to the last run. After I finished, it was gone. I could care less about most of it though there were things in the jump kit that I may have a hard time finding, legally, now. It had some oral airways, gloves and bandage supplies. If anyone grabbed it for me thinking I had forgotten it was there, thanks. Just let me know how we can get together. If not then be aware that there are some really cheap bastards at these meets and they will take just about anything. I kinda liked that mug. Thanks and I shall see you again!
Old 10-21-2001, 08:49 AM

NavNurs,

Congratulations, that's a very good time. Have you had other track experience?

I certainly hope someone picked up your cooler, perhaps even by accident. If no one on this thread can help you, go to this site:
http://www.sdr-solo2.com/, click on Autocross Talks, and post a notice with a detailed description of the cooler and its contents. Hopefully, someone will respond.

Autocrosses are pretty well-known for being safe from thievery, and yours is a rare case indeed. Hope you get your stuff back.

cal
Old 10-21-2001, 10:40 AM
jzr

I think he was joking about the 63 there cal; but first time out is more about getting to know the car.

That sucks about your stuff Navnurs - you've got the worst luck! If it helps at all, the stuff was still there when I left, right around the time they got the sixth run group going again after the timing light mishap. Problem was, mine was the last S2000 over there from the original lineup, so your stuff looked kinda displaced all by itself. Hopefully somebody picked it up for ya with the intention of returning it. Cal's link is a good way to go to find out.

The next Autocross is November 11, hope to see you guys there!

-Jason
Old 10-21-2001, 02:03 PM

NavNurs, let us know whether or not you get your cooler back. And it also occurred to me that you were pulling our legs, but, hey, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

jzr, I will be out of town 11/11. Going to the S2000 Russell Racing course at Sears Point 11/8 and stopping by San Francisco for the weekend on my way back.

The only other event I know coming up soon is a championship event at Buttonwillow 10/27-28. Details at http://www.solo2.com./.

How about having another Applebee's get-together at the Balboa restaurant on Thursday, Nov. 15th from 5-7? We had 7 cars show for the first one, then at one time or another there must have been a total of 15-16 S2k's at the autocross. (Sorry we missed the opportunity to get a group pic there.) Maybe I'll even hook up my trailer and bring it along if enough people are interested in seeing it. (I don't take the trailer to local events, only when I go out of town.)

cal
Old 10-22-2001, 09:36 AM

Which of you folks was it that had the Newer Sony remote that you weren't using? You talked about letting me use it to see if I could make my dash controls work with that hook up, but I forgot to get your contact info. You here?

Quick Reply: Are there any s2000 clubs in S.D.