California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Are there any s2000 clubs in S.D.

Old 10-22-2001, 02:54 PM
jzr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was me - the remote is the RM-X90. The plug is vaguely USB-like, with 8 little pins - here's my head unit's info from Crutchfield. As an excuse to use my camera's macro mode, I took a huge picture and put it here.

Let's meet up sometime and I can give you the remote; feel free to dissect/reverse engineer it as you see fit. My email is jason@mysterons.com
Old 10-22-2001, 03:04 PM

Man!!! I had a blast at the AX and the applebees thing, I was really happy that I just got to meet other people passionate about these cars...and next time I will promise to race at the AX instead of being a wuss!!! Sorry to hear about your stuff Nav Nurse, I hope it turns up soon, you seem to be cursed or something with that "Christine-like" car of yours. I didn't notice your cooler when i was there, but i did move those Chairs that those"snobby" S2000 owners( the guy and gal who were too good for us?) over to the other side where everyone was. I do have a suggestion next time we all meet...NAMETAGS!!! I REMEBER LIKE 4 MIKES AND D AVES!! i will be racing on the 11th of november and I will try to get to the apple bees on the 15th, but this time be sure to put the directions for either the BALBOA or MIRA MESA one( jay and Jason got lost..boo hoo!!) Can't wait to meet you all again..till then stay cool!!

Brian ( the really cool asian guy who was...really cool!!) hahah
Old 10-22-2001, 03:09 PM
Zot

Brian,

I went to that 'Import Car Show' in Del Mar on saturday night. WHAT A WASTE...for me at least. $25 bucks to get in, no big deal there but they only had 1 S2K!!!! Can you believe it? 1!!!!!! I was so bummed. I spent like 1/2 hour there and left.

You were right about the woman though!!!! OMG, there were cuties EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zot/David
Old 10-22-2001, 03:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zot
[B]Brian,
Old 10-22-2001, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by calc
jzr, I will be out of town 11/11. Going to the S2000 Russell Racing course at Sears Point 11/8 and stopping by San Francisco for the weekend on my way back.
cal
Cal, are you getting a racing license? If so, which? Or are you attending all the racing schools for experience?
Old 10-22-2001, 05:39 PM

reecespieces--

All? I went to Bondurant's two years ago and then didn't use what I learned there, so promptly forgot it.

The Sears Point deal is a one-day Russell Racing course designed specifically for, and restricted to, S2000s. It's been under discussion for several months in the Bay Area forum. About 20 cars are in the course. I believe all slots are filled, but you could ask if you're interested.

By the way, folks, the Dec. 1st race and performance clinic sponsored by SD Region SCCA at Holtville has been cancelled with no explanation (other than "circumstances beyond our control," I believe they said).

And also by the way, someone was asking about the Solo II (Autocross) Novice Handbook. It can be found here: http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm

cal
Old 10-22-2001, 05:44 PM

Here's the thread for the Russell Racing S2000 course:

http://216.120.113.130/forums/showthread.p...&threadid=17789
Old 10-22-2001, 06:59 PM
sgr

Hey Guys,

It was great meeting you guys this weekend, though in retrospect, name tags would have been a great idea. Auto-x was a blast, but it was a LOT of waiting for ~4min of track time. Oh well. At any rate, there is upcoming track event at Willow Springs, very close to home. Here's a link to the info:

http://www.wurthmotorsports.com/

Note that they are promising a great deal of track time! I signed up this afternoon, so they still seem to have some slots available. Hopefully, I'll see some of you guys there.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh, I see. I remembered you talking about doing a racing school around the time of Thunderhill in August, I didn't realize it was the same one you are attending in November.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:40 PM

What's up guys? I am the one who got beat by a chick

Anyways it was nice meeting you all, and looking foward to the next meeting.

Quick Reply: Are there any s2000 clubs in S.D.