California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Underbody Detailing Service in Los Angeles

Old 09-24-2020, 07:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Underbody Detailing Service in Los Angeles

Hey everyone!

Do you guys know anyone who can clean the nooks and crannies from oil, grime, and dirt safely on the undercarriage? I had a leak recently fixed and it kind of splattered quite a bit everywhere. I don't know if I trust a general car wash with this kind of thing as I had one steam clean my engine a couple years ago and they caused a lot of damage on my last s2000.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:36 AM

Damn like that huh? Well I am going to go put it on some stands and use Super Clean Foaming spray on that, **** it.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Undercarriage cleaning.

doctordetail.com. its located in Costa mesa
The following users liked this post:
bdizzle (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by rsasprer
doctordetail.com. its located in Costa mesa
Thanks, I'll be contacting them today. My plan of Super clean would take me hours and I would have very little room to move under there, plus id probably miss a spot. I am injured too so I don't have full use of my hands.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:35 AM

I've realized that the best detailers are out in Orange County.. I've searched the San Fernando valley with no luck. If possible, take some before and after pics. I am one of those guys who believes a car isnt fully detailed unless the undercarriage is detailed as well.
The following users liked this post:
bdizzle (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 06:52 AM

I've realized that the best detailers are out in Orange County.. I've searched the San Fernando valley with no luck. If possible, take some before and after pics. I am one of those guys who believes a car isnt fully detailed unless the undercarriage is detailed as well.
I am going there this morning and i will post some pics for you!
Old 09-29-2020, 10:48 AM

Default Undercarriage cleaning.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:42 PM

How did your undercarriage turn out?
Old 10-05-2020, 04:56 PM

How did your undercarriage turn out?
It came out pretty good, I give it a 9/10. They did leave suds on there, which I was baffled about. And also the initial clean still had leftover burnt oil marks on the exhaust. I complained and the technician cleaned a couple things by hand. But it came out pretty good. The suds left a smell for a couple days and some dirt and grime got into my engine bay and onto my soft top, but I washed it again at the self wash, finalizing with the spot free rinse under the car and above it of course. Here is a link to the album before and after. Mind you it was even cleaner after I took the last shot because I had him clean one long piece as well, the one sticking out horizontally in the middle of the car as part of the exhaust. So I guess if I didn't intervene I probably would not have been as happy.

IMGR Album - Doctor Detail my S2k!

It was pricey, $200. I said no to the top down engine steam clean cause it wasn't guaranteed. A girl left a yelp review stating she left with a check engine light so I just said **** it, I will clean my bay myself when I have time, and the suds and left over burnt marks made me uncomfortable as well. Plus I remembered my first experience at another car wash doing a steam clean on my engine bay and ruining so many things. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOT AGAIN!

Old 10-05-2020, 05:30 PM

It turned out really good. You saw spots they missed and you told them about it. Good for you. Some people would be too timid to do so. I would pay $200 just so I can get my car in the air to detail it myself. Your s2000 must have been a Cali car cus there is no rust to be found. Now all you have to do is maintain it. Thanks for getting back to me.

Quick Reply: Underbody Detailing Service in Los Angeles