California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

... Wow, really Fladeboe?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ... Wow, really Fladeboe?

So, I just got back from Fladeboe Honda in Irvine, in possession of some brand new ap1 tail lights on my car free of charge.

I was one of the lucky few with a young enough MY00 (1406) to have the recall for faded tail lights in 2004 affect me. I went in there a couple weeks ago to have them order the tails-- Sam Gilani told me he'd call when they were in-- he called yesterday, and I agreed to bring in the car today at 1:15. I dropped the car off at 1:15, and he said he'd call me in a couple hours. My friend Vince picked me up, and he hadn't called by 3:30. Vince had work, so he just dropped me off back there at 4pm... I asked how much longer, Sam said 20-30 minutes.

So I'm sitting around in the dealer watching the news, and at around 4:20 I hear my car start. I hear whoever started it rev my motor a little.. and a little more.. and drive to a parking space. I didn't think much of it, until about 1 minute later when he brought it to around 5000 rpms a couple times, clearly doing this to hear my exhaust... At this point I was pissed. I walked briskly over to Sam's desk, then outside, but he was already on his way over to yell at the kid who was revving my car. I look and see a few mechanics around my car smiling, until they saw me walking towards them.

I made a big scene, and Sam apologized. If this transaction hadn't have been free, I would've definitely requested some sort of reimbursement. That's ridiculous-- I'll never be going there again.

HOWEVER, this is a big improvement:

Before

After

Both the driver's side, and passenger's side were faded, but the passenger's was the worst.

So new tails, but stupid, childish, disrespectful mechanics.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is there a recall for the MY04 poor sealed taillight too?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lame ..... dealers always let me down
Old 03-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would've been pissed too! What a crap dealer, they should've given you a free oil change or something to make up for it. At least the service advisor was cool
Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM

i can't even begin to explain how bad the service was for my s2000 at this same dealer -- a train wreck, one bad assumption on their part after another. I even called back a week later to the customer relations mgr for that dealership - not to complain, but to try to help make sure they understand why i will never come back so it doesn't happen to other customers. i actually felt worse about the situation after calling this customer service person. I am in the service business myself and they clearly are not. The service manager was absolutely the worst i have ever delt with. i get the best service from independant mechanics SAD , very SAD when the independants can do a much better job at a far more economical rate then the dealer.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by socals,Mar 11 2009, 05:24 PM
i can't even begin to explain how bad the service was for my s2000 at this same dealer -- a train wreck, one bad assumption on their part after another. I even called back a week later to the customer relations mgr for that dealership - not to complain, but to try to help make sure they understand why i will never come back so it doesn't happen to other customers. i actually felt worse about the situation after calling this customer service person. I am in the service business myself and they clearly are not. The service manager was absolutely the worst i have ever delt with. i get the best service from independant mechanics SAD , very SAD when the independants can do a much better job at a far more economical rate then the dealer.
Agreed-

This was the first and only time I will have gone there. I was forced to go a dealer 'cause of the recall, so I just chose the one that my friend had previously gone to.

Terrible choice.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM

Wow Steve what a buncha morons. Glad to see you got the new tails but wtf. Weseloh Honda's better.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Mar 11 2009, 06:48 PM
lame ..... dealers always let me down
It's not the dealers, it's the crappy people they hire. The majority of car dealers I know...and I know a LOT of them...care about the business because it is their life's work. It's these low income, low education morons they hire that have no respect for the customer's vehicle/property. They feel like they are in control and can do as they please.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM

I got the new taillights under the same recall but asked to be given the 03 taillights (chrome Rings around the circles) and got them !!

I just picked up the lights though and installed them myself LoL. Hate leaving the car at the stealership.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 AM

Taillights look great man

Sucks to hear about the lame mechanics though. At least you were there to see it.

Quick Reply: ... Wow, really Fladeboe?