Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2011 M3 ZCP vs 2011 GT

Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2011 M3 ZCP vs 2011 GT

Watch the vid and read the full article. I was pulling for BOTH!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRC7WJHgmA [/media]&feature=player_embedded

Forget the comparos with those damn 4,000lb SUV's in coupe clothing(RS5, CTS-V). This the one I've been waiting to see. Ford has become my new Honda and even the mail man knows dont mess with Onehots2k and his BMW's.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...ison/index.html

Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 PM

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

Ford finally throws a badass V8 into their Mustang and it's your new Honda? I don't get the comparison.

Nonetheless, very impressive! Hat's off to Ford for producing similar performance for 1/2 the price.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=WolfpackS2k,Aug 23 2010, 06:33 PM] Ford finally throws a badass V8 into their Mustang and it's your new Honda?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Aug 23 2010, 08:40 PM
Oh no. I'm not going taking this thread down that road. Let me clarify quickly. I mean in terms of their agenda and their current portfolio. They are aggressive in terms of the amount of good looking, performing, efficient, decently priced cars. Explorer, Edge, Fusion, Fiesta, Mustang, etc. etc. Its really too much to list and that is a good thing IMO. They believe its okay for a 40mpg Fiesta to share the floor with a ass-kicking 550hp Shelby GT500. I respect that. They are moving for the better. They are one of my favorite car companies that mass produce cars. Thats all.

They weren't gunning directly for the Camaro. This Mustang has similar specs as the M3 and it did so well wearing a rental car suite and sporting a live axle for so much cheaper. Its obvious which car we'd all rather have but damn. This is a Mustang GT. Check out all the M3 guys saying congrats and stating Ford built one hell of a car:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422981

It can and will be called a lot of things but it can't be denied.
Strong post.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM

I am so in love with the 5.0! I really want one!!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BOSS Mustang will be BOSS
Old 08-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Interesting to see the reactions. However, really I don't see why the BMW owners should be upset that a pony car can keep up. Even in the late 80s and early 90s Camaros and Mustangs were very strong in SCCA showroom stock racing. Just because car A can match car B's numbers doesn't make A just as good even if we ignore things like interior fit and finish.

What made the E39 M3 and in theory it's decedents special was supposed to be the driving feel. You don't have to have the fastest car to win in that category. The first gen Miatas were slow as heck but they had GREAT steering feel. The S2000 is faster than the first Miatas by a long shot but it's steering doesn't feel as good. However, overall the S2k also is a car that feels better than say an equally fast 350Z. In my book the M3 doesn't have to be the fastest car, it needs to be the car that handles the best based on how it feels, not the numbers.

The good thing is it sounds like Ford understands that how things feel is just as important as how fast they go. Of course the Contour SVT and Focus ST170 (Focus SVT) already showed that Ford had some understanding of that. Incidentally, I wounder what all those people who said Ford was stupid for retaining the live axle think now? It does seem that Ford worked on the devils in the details... still I hate to think how much more trunk and rear seat space that car would have if they used an IRS.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:02 PM

Thank you for that.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 PM

Pretty impressive.

But I think too much is being made of the whole "the mustang is as fast as the M3 for half the price" thing.

You can spend 15 bucks at McDonalds and pack in twice as many calories worth of tasty, high-fat food...as you could for 60 bucks at a fancy steak house. But it doesn't make it better.

...it doesn't make it worse either. It just makes it different.

At the end of the day, the mustang offers lots of bang for your buck performance...and the M3 offers great performance and luxury and more exclusivity. They are probably a lot less comparable than we, or automotive magazines, would like to make them out to be.

I don't think that BMW is too worried about the mustang eating up their M3 market...and vice versa.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indeed, Ford is on a roll, and is very deserving of all the positive media attention they're gaining lately. The '11 Mustang lineup is by far the strongest it's ever been, w/ not a single weak model from the V6 (former secretary's model) to the Cobra.

I can't imagine trading my M3 for one (aside from the typically mentioned reasons, I like having 4 doors for child ingress/egress), but pre-kid a Boss would have been awfully tempting.

Quick Reply: 2011 M3 ZCP vs 2011 GT