Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2016, er, 2017 Acura NSX aimed at Ferrari 458 for the price of Audi R8

Old 08-09-2015, 08:22 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by ealand0001' timestamp='1439130002' post='23708931
TT V8 575hp competition package
Similar to the 750's but tuned more?
I'm not sure. I believe the 'standard' M5 had 560 and the comp pack adds 15 and the 30yr commemorative adds another 25 to get to 600. I don't know anything about the 750, but it wouldn't surprise me if they used the same engine. There are so many buttons and knobs and menus.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll just leave this here:

http://jalopnik.com/heres-why-i-thin...car-1723149998

Now, before I get into this, I know what you’re thinking: How could you possibly say the NSX will fail?! It’s not even OUT YET! And it looks so COOL! And the specs are so IMPRESSIVE! And they had that great Super Bowl commercial with Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld, right before Joe Montana threw all those touchdown passes to Jerry Rice!
Old 08-10-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Naysayer trying desperately to be relevant.

He obviously isn't keeping up with Honda on the sportscar front. He's looking at Acura, rather than Honda as a whole. Shortsighted, ignorant and not really up to speed with the car. Probably didn't get invited to the press drive...
Old 08-10-2015, 02:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Naysayer trying desperately to be relevant.

He obviously isn't keeping up with Honda on the sportscar front. He's looking at Acura, rather than Honda as a whole. Shortsighted, ignorant and not really up to speed with the car. Probably didn't get invited to the press drive...
But it isn't a Honda, it's an Acura, and you would be surprised the number of people that don't know that Acura's are just dressed up Hondas. The mere fact that you are relying on the NSX to be the Halo brand for Acura AND Honda brands in NA makes me think you are truly grasping at straws here.

Audi didn't use the R8 as a Halo car for VW. Maybe Honda shoulda branded the NSX as a Honda in the US if they intend for it to serve as a Honda Halo car, not that I buy that Honda is suddenly going to flip around 180 from the beige they are producing now. Lot's of rumors but nothing substantial as of yet, except for a couple sporty cars we aren't getting stateside.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:40 PM

It's a Honda everywhere else in the world. As I said, shortsighted and ignorant. The NSX represents Honda as a whole, not just Acura.

A halo car is a halo car. Most brands don't have a "halo car" for each sub-brand - they have one to represent the entire manufacturer's brands. No brand has multiple halo vehicles under each sub-brand. GM has one Vette. Ford has one GT. Toyota had one LFA. VW has one R8 (else, they have no halo car at all!). Notice how they're interspersed with luxury and non-luxury brands for each halo vehicle? Why? Because in the end, a halo car is a halo car, no matter the brand under which it is listed.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
It's a Honda everywhere else in the world. As I said, shortsighted and ignorant. The NSX represents Honda as a whole, not just Acura.

A halo car is a halo car. Most brands don't have a "halo car" for each sub-brand - they have one to represent the entire manufacturer's brands. No brand has multiple halo vehicles under each sub-brand. GM has one Vette. Ford has one GT. Toyota had one LFA. VW has one R8 (else, they have no halo car at all!). Notice how they're interspersed with luxury and non-luxury brands for each halo vehicle? Why? Because in the end, a halo car is a halo car, no matter the brand under which it is listed.
VW has the Porsche 918, the Bugatti Veyron, and the Lamborghini Aventador as well.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jon,

How much is Honda of North America paying you to lobby for them? Really. Your rentless defense of this car for years and years has grown long in the tooth. If something is going to be awesome, like the NSX supposedly, let it come out and speak for it self.

Just... Let it goooooo. Let people bitch and come back when it's out and just say "I told you so". You beat this horse to pieces.

I'm sure when anyone sees a Jonboy post they already know what you will say. "Honda is a godly company". "They make the best cars in the world". "No one can touch Honda"

I need to ask you, tell me something you are upset with concerning the release of the NSX. You can't be that much of a Honda leg humper. They really are one of the most boring car companies currently around.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:23 AM

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts

At the end of the day, I doubt this car will do anything for Acura sales - the rest of the brand's cars are pretty bland, or borderline ugly. I certainly don't think it will do anything for Honda sales, which don't really pander to sports car enthusiasts anyway.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:39 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
At the end of the day, I doubt this car will do anything for Acura sales - the rest of the brand's cars are pretty bland, or borderline ugly. I certainly don't think it will do anything for Honda sales, which don't really pander to sports car enthusiasts anyway.
This. Acura is IMO one of the worst "luxury" brands. IMO their no where near the league bmws/MB/Audi/Lexus
Old 08-11-2015, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by SW2 Tuning
VW has the Porsche 918, the Bugatti Veyron, and the Lamborghini Aventador as well.
VW owns those but they are not sub-brands in the typical sense. VW and Audi share specific design cues and details and they share platforms. Porsche is run as a completely different entity VW and Lambo share an engine (R8 / Huracan) and not much else and again, there is no attempt to link them. They own them but they aren't clearly under that umbrella. Most people don't know VW owns those brands, where they probably do know they own Audi (as their luxury arm).