Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Drove an IS-F

Old 05-25-2008, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove an IS-F

Me and a friend went to look at the IS-F today, I've been a couple times to see it but my friend has'nt seen it before so we dicided to take a ride down to the lexus dealership. The salesman was cool, upper 40's he wasnt like the other dealers there. He seemed pretty content and just chatting w/ us about the car, no pressure involved. All of a sudden he asks if we would like to take a ride, and of course iIwasted no time accepting the offer. He hits the start button I see nice blue needles on the speedo and tach, the nav display has some of the best picure quality that ive seen so far. the leather was soft. and the overall quality was excellent.
Right off, he takes us out into the parking lot where they have a circle, and proceeded to show us the turning radius, which i have to say was very inpressive on the first turn i swore he would ram a row of shiny IS-350's but we made it w/o a scratch, leaving the lot there is a short stretch of straight road and he opens'er up a bit. the sound was so nice, throaty and calm, but the car pulled so hard, i honestly was blown away by the strange feeling of my guts being pushed into the backseat. We go out a bit down the road then he pulls over and asks if i have my liscence, and now, after him making jokes saying that he has a family and asking me not to kill him, its my turn to take the wheel.
I hit a light and wait for my turn to make a left. after i get rolling I pin the throttle and we rocket off. Awesome acceleration, nothing but smiles the 8 speed auto was crisp, when the car selected the next gear, the engagement was crisp, very close to the feeling of a manual tranny. After that i slowed down to normal speeds and tried to get a feel of everyday driving. and i have to say that it was superb as well. so if you want a car thats sporty, yet has a trunk, backseat, descent ride. and looks awesome, give the IS-F some thought.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:41 PM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

surprising that it's available for test drive. I guess sale is slow....
Old 05-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove one as well today... must say it was a very nice car for the money!! I especially loved the sound of that monstrous engine pulling through the gears..

Definitely loved it!!!

What color did you drive???
I drove ultrasonic blue mica... the color is absolute sex in the sunlight!!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:00 PM

umm the book is downstairs, but it was red. it had a nice flake in the sunlight, a little weird w/ blue stitching in the seats but whatever.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:11 PM

Yea, well maybe that's why I thought the blue looked better then.. lol
Old 05-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2020,May 25 2008, 08:41 PM
Yes, I saw one last week too. The styling was a little strance IMO. I didn't like the quad rear pipes and the front looked poseur. On the other hand I saw an M3 with a CF roof. THe front of that looked poseur too.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:01 AM

I like the car, I actually don't like the pipes, the overall car is very well put together (at least from the outside).

I've seen several driving around, but I haven't actually sat in one.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 PM

I read the best thing about the car is the tranny. Everything else about it is secondary to the e92 m3 and the c63.

Sweet car though...I still can't get over the look of the ugly stacked exhaust tips
Old 05-26-2008, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2020,May 25 2008, 10:41 PM
Sales of expensive cars are slow. Sales of gas guzzlers are slow as well. Put the two together in one vehicle, and they're not going to be flying off the lot.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Berlina#2290,May 25 2008, 08:31 PM
Me and a friend went to look at the IS-F today, I've been a couple times to see it but my friend has'nt seen it before so we dicided to take a ride down to the lexus dealership. The salesman was cool, upper 40's he wasnt like the other dealers there. He seemed pretty content and just chatting w/ us about the car, no pressure involved. All of a sudden he asks if we would like to take a ride, and of course iIwasted no time accepting the offer. He hits the start button I see nice blue needles on the speedo and tach, the nav display has some of the best picure quality that ive seen so far. the leather was soft. and the overall quality was excellent.
Right off, he takes us out into the parking lot where they have a circle, and proceeded to show us the turning radius, which i have to say was very inpressive on the first turn i swore he would ram a row of shiny IS-350's but we made it w/o a scratch, leaving the lot there is a short stretch of straight road and he opens'er up a bit. the sound was so nice, throaty and calm, but the car pulled so hard, i honestly was blown away by the strange feeling of my guts being pushed into the backseat. We go out a bit down the road then he pulls over and asks if i have my liscence, and now, after him making jokes saying that he has a family and asking me not to kill him, its my turn to take the wheel.
I hit a light and wait for my turn to make a left. after i get rolling I pin the throttle and we rocket off. Awesome acceleration, nothing but smiles the 8 speed auto was crisp, when the car selected the next gear, the engagement was crisp, very close to the feeling of a manual tranny. After that i slowed down to normal speeds and tried to get a feel of everyday driving. and i have to say that it was superb as well. so if you want a car thats sporty, yet has a trunk, backseat, descent ride. and looks awesome, give the IS-F some thought.
A note on that turning radious. My IS350 had a tighter turning radius then my Fit.

Quick Reply: Drove an IS-F