Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Give up the S for a bike?

Old 08-19-2011, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good reading above!
I am considering what to get for my next toy. I always wanted to ride/buy a bike but work-traveling all over the world has kept me from buying one...I wasnt even able to drive my highly modified S2K and only had 20k miles in 6 years of ownership. Now that my time of jumping out of airplanes and shooting has somewhat slowed down, I am buying a bike pretty soon.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:10 PM

Good luck and ride safe... What do you plan on buying?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:45 AM

I want to eventually track the bike. I am thinking of something small at first to get used to it. Military has many free classes for the motorcycle so I am planning to take those as well as some professional school. I am currently planning to buy new model Ducati that is coming out but wait a year or so after release.

I am a military skydiving qualified intructor/master dealing with safety. I will take similar attiude with safety when I am riding a bike like I am jumping out of airplane (I may not live)...with precaution.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:07 AM

My friend bought a cbr 600 for $5,000 and he rode it for 1 year and he's already done with he bike phase and now he wants to buy a convertible.

I would personally keep both cars the s2k and civic.

Bikes are fun but people who drives on 4 wheels in a tank car will kill you no matter how you try to avoid it. I was hit in my s2k on the freeway and if I was on my bike I would of been dead 2 years ago so please choose wisely.

Girls dig convertibles more over motorcycles if you're the driver. Girls like to ride their own motorcycles nowadays.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM

Not true.. My fiance has her own bike and loves hopping on back. I have chic's hitting me up for rides all the time.. Chics really dig bikes. They can own their own convertable much easier. Glad you didn't die 2 years ago, but I know personally people that should have died on their bikes that didn't and car accidents that shouldn't have taken life but did. So treat it like you're packing your rig... With caution. Personally, unless you plan on dumping a lot of money in to the duci, I'd probably start with something like the a gsx500 or something like that. Awesome bike to learn on. Probably something with a little plastic because it's expensive to replace or even repair plastic. Not saying start with a small bike at all for safety purpose, but more on the finacial side of things. Being airborn and a master at that, I don't give second thought about safety. Although as stated above, no matter how safe you are you can't control some of the idiot cagers out there. Me personally I want a second bike just for track, that way if I lay it over and it's down, I can still take a ride on my personal bike. What ever you decide though, post pics!