Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

GR Corolla

Old 12-20-2022, 06:47 PM

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

I wish folks here would get off the money bus and just talk about the cars

Stuff costs more now and will likely continue to do so

If someone decides to pay an ADM, it was their decision

I like the GR products and think this one will be a blast

I am not into FWD so I see the CTR as fun and practical but to me a WRX does the job better

I can't bring the love for the Supra as we all know it isn't a Toyota except in name
The following users liked this post:
SlowTeg (12-21-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 08:42 PM

Received 383 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchcargo

I am not into FWD so I see the CTR as fun and practical but to me a WRX does the job better

I can't bring the love for the Supra as we all know it isn't a Toyota except in name
Exactly. The Supra is a reliable M car that has been scrutinized to hell and back by Toyota. And it’s cheaper than a M car from BMW. Winning!
Old 12-20-2022, 08:55 PM
Jub

Received 393 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchcargo

I agree with the sentiment that being overly pedantic and complaining constantly about dealer fees is not what this is about. Price is relevant though when comparing cars. That's the main reason it's not fair to compare a S2k to a Carrera GT. They're both impractical, useless daily drivers, and not good in snow.

I don't care what the badge is on the Supra, it's a cool car and it wouldn't exist if it weren't primarily a BMW. Toyota was a dead brand to me 10 years ago and now they have multiple cool car options.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:00 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Wow. Could have had a Supra with more power, better driving dynamics, better performance, the list goes on. Nah I’ll pay an extra 10k above MSRP for a FWD Civic instead. What a country!
When did the Supra come with 4 doors..? I think what's interesting in all these threads is reading how people literally can't understand someone else's choice. What's fascinating to me is how close minded people are more than anything (in all facets of life, not just cars). It's like my 8 yr old daughter. She constantly asks WHY WHY WHY WHY for everything. Sometimes the WHY doesn't matter and just understanding that people have different priorities/choices from you is all that matters. This is a message board and I get there's some element of "fun" to saying such and such is "better" than another so let's continue.

Last edited by SlowTeg; 12-21-2022 at 05:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sam_spider (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 05:06 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Jub
I agree with the sentiment that being overly pedantic and complaining constantly about dealer fees is not what this is about. Price is relevant though when comparing cars. That's the main reason it's not fair to compare a S2k to a Carrera GT. They're both impractical, useless daily drivers, and not good in snow.
For sure. The discussion like anything is where you draw that line. An s2k and 911 is pretty obvious. One is an order of magnitude more expensive (100%+ more) than the other. When we're talking about a 10% price difference, that's not an order of magnitude more. Now, to some people that's a significant cost but to some it's immaterial.
Old 12-21-2022, 06:26 AM

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

I'm gonna be doing a walk around and take a ride (hopefully drive?!) in the GRC I passed on. The guy behind me on the list bought it and is more than happy to show it off to me. Any questions about the car?
Old 12-21-2022, 06:50 AM

Received 112 Likes on 75 Posts

This crap is still going even after the CTR thread was closed? Can we just all agree on a few things and MOVE ON?

1. We get it. FWD isn't the absolute best when it comes to raw performance.
2. Yes, ADM sucks. Who cares if someone else is willing to pay more than you for a car? It's not your money.
Old 12-21-2022, 07:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The irony in this is that the dude doesn't understand why people bash on the Ridgeline as not being a real truck and the Ridgeline works in his situation but when it comes to other vehicles that doesn't make sense to him, the guy does the same thing as the Ridgeline haters and doesn't realize that a particular vehicle works in their situation as well.

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
When did the Supra come with 4 doors..? I think what's interesting in all these threads is reading how people literally can't understand someone else's choice. What's fascinating to me is how close minded people are more than anything (in all facets of life, not just cars). It's like my 8 yr old daughter. She constantly asks WHY WHY WHY WHY for everything. Sometimes the WHY doesn't matter and just understanding that people have different priorities/choices from you is all that matters. This is a message board and I get there's some element of "fun" to saying such and such is "better" than another so let's continue.