Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda To Preview CR-X Concept In Tokyo

Old 10-17-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 493 Likes on 376 Posts

Should be an interesting show, jealous of all you folks cuz Honda is reviving the CRZ for u CRX fans, when the hell is Nissan gonna bring me a silvia??
Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Don I hear ya, but at this point, as optomistic as I may seem, I suspect I have about a 10% chance of seeing Honda actually pony up with enough brains to put the CR-Z into production. It's been 16 years since they killed it off, it's been so long I just don't think they will ever come around. Mind you I would be thrilled to be wrong, but I just don't hold out much hope...

BTW- I'm a big Nissan fan too, I dreamed of a 240Z when I was in highschool, and just love driving the Titan as a daily driver, talk about power, the Titan is just flat out amazing.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've heard Nissan has a RWD coupe in the works to fill the void that the silvia left not to mention to combat the rumors of the Toyota/Subaru RWD coupe (New AE86??) said to be in the works. I'm sure it will happen soon so don't sweat it. And actually I hate to admit that the Nissan RWD coupe will more than likely come to fruition way before a new CRX will although like Triple H I can dream, lol.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by AnointedDC5,Oct 18 2007, 12:36 PM
And actually I hate to admit that the Nissan RWD coupe will more than likely come to fruition way before a new CRX will although like Triple H I can dream, lol.
Exactly...
And the take away here, you and I are fine, but Honda has a serious problem
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM

Received 493 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by AnointedDC5,Oct 18 2007, 09:36 AM
From what I've heard Nissan has a RWD coupe in the works to fill the void that the silvia left not to mention to combat the rumors of the Toyota/Subaru RWD coupe (New AE86??) said to be in the works. I'm sure it will happen soon so don't sweat it. And actually I hate to admit that the Nissan RWD coupe will more than likely come to fruition way before a new CRX will although like Triple H I can dream, lol.
I hate you, I really do, builing my hopes up like that, lol.
Yeah, I heard some of these rumors, but no rumors in print. I imagine after the s15, Japan and other countries may be hurting for a new one, but sales have been slipping to say the least. And even if they do build it, probably won't come to the states anyway because the fear that it will rob sales away from the Z (and it most likely would too, Z starts at 29K). That is of course they make it based on the Z platform and recycle an engine, but they dropped the sr motor and all we got left are some uninspirational I4s and the VQ which if they use will surely cannibalize sales from the Z.
Yeah, the CRX is probably unlikely as well since they have the fit- Honda's idea of a fun, economical, practical, and small car, mostly correct anyway. But I'd be mighty happy if they brought the Type R hatch. People criticise the EP3s (which I owned and loved it for what it was, but fwd cars don't get me going though), but just imagine if it came with the right version of the K20 motors.
Anyway, hopefully folks will follow BMWs move when they made the 1 series. In the meantime I can dream that the new Hyundai RWD coupe will weigh less than 3000lbs... yeah and Nissan will bring us a new silvia.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TheDonEffect: Check out these links on the possible Nissan RWD affordable sports coupe. I know some of these are older but I can't find the one I read that says they want to compete with the next AE86.

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmar...ble-sports-car/
http://jalopnik.com/cars/spawn-of-skyline/...nigh-266998.php
http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmar...t-sports-car-2/
http://cars.sgforums.com/?action=thread_di...70&font_size=-1

Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 AM

I was in a big Honda dealership on Saturday in Toronto, I was speaking to one of the main sales executives, he said the XR-Z was a definite for production, the only thing that is up in the air is if it will go hybrid or traditional gas powertrain.

Now of course, we all know, what dealers say is always the absolute truth...

It was nice to hear, although clearly it is not a reliable report, but it sure did make me happy thinking there are even rumors like that out there.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:30 AM

Received 5,096 Likes on 3,073 Posts

Doug, aren't you worried about going blind? Two pages of masturbation over a concept car!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 AM

No Dave, if this were the case I would have been blind years ago...
Old 10-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here are pics from Tokyo

[/img]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/honda_crz_live_04.jpg[/img]

Quick Reply: Honda To Preview CR-X Concept In Tokyo