Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I'm bored.. So I'll post about my other "S"

Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome that you picked up that 240. I was strongly considering it at one point, but I still have my AE in my garage taking up space and not completely finished. The wife would've killed me if I had gone through with it. Good luck with the emissions.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr
Awesome that you picked up that 240. I was strongly considering it at one point, but I still have my AE in my garage taking up space and not completely finished. The wife would've killed me if I had gone through with it. Good luck with the emissions.
I'm glad I picked it up as well. The engine was decently sorted out but the suspension and brakes still need work, and I love tinkering with things like that. Thanks! The car passed emissions finally

Since this thread was started from boredom, I should also add that I do tend to get bored quite easily. The car definitely needs a paintjob, but I see it as a somewhat blank canvas for now so....

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I figure it would be nice to have it as canvas car where people at meets can express themselves. Of course the car will be painted in the future so it's not permanent and it adds a unique touch to a rather ugly car.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o1Y1QpUQ-U

Quick video of the newly done exhaust. I'm happy with the sound
Old 02-27-2012, 06:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This is such an awesome project. I'm jealous to say the least! Those RB engines truly are monstrous.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Disgustipated
This is such an awesome project. I'm jealous to say the least! Those RB engines truly are monstrous.
Thank you! Needless to say, I'm excited for the upcoming events. I just wish I had more cashflow to finish the car faster.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice project. This looks like a fun track car. Is the engine still stock for now?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:19 PM

The engine is stock internally and will more than likely remain stock. There a few things done like bigger turbo, Haltech ECU, Greddy RB26 style manifold, exhaust, etc. From what I gather, the engine is good till around 400 whp, which is more than plenty for its intent and purpose.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

nice!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 AM

Quick update:

I finally had the chance to take the car out to an event!

It was a drift event, but my god does this thing like to get sideways!! It's very easy to drive at and beyond the limit, and you definitely know when you've reached that limit. Such a different world when you consider the S2000 is nothing like that at all. The S2000 will bite your head off any chance it gets, whereas this will at least give you a fair warning.

So the day started with skipping class (not a good idea) and cancelling a meeting (again, not my brightest ideas) to prep the car for some night time drifting at the local track. I went to Firestone for an alignment, and they ended up taking 3 hours!! After they were done, the caster was set wrong so the wheels rubbed when you tried to turn lock to lock. After fixing that, I rushed home to grab my helmet and gear, where I was met with a few of my friends and it seemed like they had taken over the neighborhood street I don't think my neighbors like me too much.

The drifting itself:
Well like I mentioned above, after getting the alignment done, the car is a completely different animal! It's not scary to drive anymore, and it definitely has more than enough power to hold a slide. I didn't do any clutch kicks, or even use the handbrake at all, but the power alone was enough to overcome the limits of grip from the worn Bridgestones. Even the FC that I had took a bit of getting used to, whereas this just felt natural and easy, almost too easy. BUT I must say, the lack of power steering is undeniably uncomfortable. My hands hurt after a few runs through the small course. I am very excited to see what the car can do on the NT01s.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pickup on that 240! I was really surprised at whats under the hood! Good shit

Quick Reply: I'm bored.. So I'll post about my other "S"