Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I'm bored.. So I'll post about my other "S"

Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ftpsk8
Nice pickup on that 240! I was really surprised at whats under the hood! Good shit
Thank you sir!

Quite honestly, I haven't been able to get attached to the car like I did with the S2000 or the FC. Maybe that will change soon but we'll see. I can't believe it's already been 6 months since I've had the car.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM

Major update!!!

Before:

After:

The driver's side didn't come out as good, but it'll have to do as a big track event is only a few days away. Everyone's been busy getting their cars prepped for the event and I cannot even begin to express the amount of joy I have knowing I'll be back on track after about 5 months!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-28-2012, 10:28 AM

I keep thinking about selling it for an FD, but after the paint job, and after driving it for a bit yesterday, I feel content keeping it for a bit longer. The grip from the NT01s is just amazing, and the power delivery never fails to put a smile on my face (even though it needs a retune.) I drove a friend's EVO, took the same corner, applied throttle at about the same spot, and was completely dumb founded by the lag. The RB's delivery is much more linear even driving around town. Just want a little more power now and I still need to replace my brake master cylinder to a Z32 BMC.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM

So it finally happened..

The car's first track day occurred last weekend as I took part in NASA-AZ's Annual Night event which mixes day and night driving. The car performed surprisingly well. The grip was purely amazing, the brakes not so much, and the steering was quite the workout. However, the car was a little plagued with over heating problems due to old coolant and there was also spark blowout at around 5K rpms. Aside from that, the car itself does have a lot of potential and the sound, oh the eargasmic sound!! Let's just say I love driving turbo cars now because of it! Speaking of turbo, there isn't much lag with the straight 6 boosting to less than 1 bar and the amount of mid range torque is plenty for the car.

I was able to get a video of the Time Attack laps on one of the tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-CHS...eature=channel

Yesterday, my good friend helped me flush the old nasty coolant out of the car and it reeked! With the new coolant in, I decided to take the car on a canyon run with some friends. Again, the handling was just great, no under steer no matter how aggressive my steering inputs were. The brakes were mushy, but still worked well for a bit of spirited driving. I didn't think the car would be as poised as it is, but weighing in at 2890 lbs with me in it (50 lbs heavier than my S2000) and running NT01s make for an entertaining time

Here are some pics from yesterday:

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice thread, and love your enthusiasm.

Did you paint the car outdoors?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM

Thank you very much!

Yes, the car was painted outside so there are imperfections, but it got the job done in time for its first event. Besides, S13 chassis are dime a dozen so I wasn't too afraid to screw up.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:58 PM

No big updates, just the two of them resting together
Old 04-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude I LOVE that track video. What a great thread. Pure auto enthusiasm.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NIce.

I always liked the 240 and wondered why we couldn't have an I6 in one here in the States. Nice job with the car, and thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: I'm bored.. So I'll post about my other "S"