Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Irony leads to car shopping

Old 07-31-2016, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking it's a very nice looking car, but from what I've seen they don't hold value all that well and I'm thinking quite high in maintenance, not unlike the Aston. Personally I'd go with a new M4 over that, but not sure if it's your style? Have you driven one yet, or have anything against owning a BMW? I think the M4 would be more exciting to drive, and it isn't as heavy as I thought. How much more does the gran tourism weigh I wonder?
Do take the 4c for a spin, I would if given the opportunity!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:34 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by EricJT7
Personally I'd go with a new M4 over that, but not sure if it's your style? Have you driven one yet, or have anything against owning a BMW?
For personal reasons, I try to avoid German cars. I can get fantastic deals on BMW via some friends, but rather not go down that route. Piped in sound and artificial steering is not really my glass of hock. I did go in a 2016 750 M sport loaded to the gills yesterday. What a technologically exciting car! Self parking and steering, very nice interior. Great evolution from the previous model. One of the local dealers loaned it to my friend for the weekend. The only BMW I would consider is an i3 to replace our Volvo; that car is a really impressive piece of design.

The more I thought about the 4C, the less attractive it is. More a lateral move at best. For now, I plan to hang tight and see if a special car comes my way while I concentrate on a better mechanic/repair solution than going to the dealer.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:22 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
The more I thought about the 4C, the less attractive it is.
An Alfa dealer is moving a few miles from my house. It's a multi-marque site with Lamborghini, Maserati, & Bentley-Rolls. The owner is one of the biggest mega-dealerships in our region (Herb Chambers). I started working with them on whether they can order a new Spyder as I had configured on the Alfa site. If they can get it at MSRP, this could be the best over all for a new car. The local Lotus dealer doesn't even offer a loaner car, and this dealer rolls out the carpet and is a nicer drive to the dealershp!

Configuring the car, am unsure on a couple options like track suspension whether it's needed or not. I doubt I'll track the car, but maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot if I don't get it for later on?

If the dealer comes back saying there's a 10K dealer markup or something than, maybe it's not the right car then, but at MSRP it's a real contender.