Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

MSRP for Nissan 350Z?

Old 09-08-2002, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSRP for Nissan 350Z?

Being that there are going to be 30,000 350Z's out in 2003, does anyone know if dealers are still going to charge over MSRP? If not, does anyone know how long it would take for the price to be under MSRP?
Old 09-08-2002, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

350Z yawn....
Old 09-08-2002, 06:10 PM

I would say when the roadster version comes out, in March or so, you'd be able to get a 350Z for under MSRP, even in the Bay Area, CA.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:12 PM

I would expect them to sell at and above MSRP for several months (6-8?) and then be slightly discounted at your typical times - end of the month and end of the model year. It won't be long into the '04 MY before they start whoring them out like all of the rest of their models.

The dealers set their goals based on each stores projection from Nissan. They only focus on units, because they receive some substantial bonuses when they hit their number every month. Once they hit their monthly number, they don't really have to take a low gross deal. Anyway, it won't be more than a year and you sould be able to get one for $500 over invoice, but it may take being a member of a local credit union or AAA to find the right store and/or sales person. Of course, prices will vary from region to region and I expect the "Track" model to hold MSRP longer than the rest.

By the way, Honda doesn't do the monthly unit bonus thing...
Old 09-08-2002, 06:18 PM

From what I've seen and heard, California is the worst market (from the consumers standpoint) to buy a high demand vehicle in. Odyssey's are still bringing $3,000 to $5,000 over MSRP there, while other areas are at MSRP and even slightly below. Check the Edmunds.com "TMV"section and plug in a Cali. zip code and then a MidWestern one...there's a huge difference. Just remember that all cars aren't 50 state legal, emmissions wise. Find out if the Z is before you buy out of state and run into problems getting it registered.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rich5842
[B]Being that there are going to be 30,000 350Z's out in 2003, does anyone know if dealers are still going to charge over MSRP?
Old 09-11-2002, 12:44 AM

My local Nissan deal swears (or rather their salesman did) that 350Zs would be sold for no more than MSRP; however, they didn't have any available for sale unless you were willing to get on a waiting list.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:35 PM
TJZ

you can get them for msrp. you just have to shop around and wade through the slimey dealers (like w/ every high demand car).
Old 09-17-2002, 10:02 PM
cbb

Originally posted by BPUKiller

The fags at Nissan told us way back when, that the 350Z will go for MSRP when they first release it and they wouldn't practice price hiking. Fricken liars, if you ordered your Z months ago you will get it for MSRP, as for the rest of the poor shmucks, good luck. Same thing happend to me when I went looking for a M3. First they thought I couldn't afford it, then they told me it was 10K over MSRP. I went down the steet and bought my C32 that same day. I hate snobby BMW dealerships.

Sam

This is a perfect example of someone talking about something they know nothing about................I am in the process of deciding what car to buy and have done my homework on both cars. I can get the Z for MSRP all day long. I have spoken to many dealers and if I put in an order I am guaranteed to pay MSRP. Please do your homework before making comments like this
Old 09-17-2002, 11:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cbb
[B]

This is a perfect example of someone talking about something they know nothing about................I am in the process of deciding what car to buy and have done my homework on both cars.

Quick Reply: MSRP for Nissan 350Z?