Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Mitsubishi Lancer Revealed

Old 12-11-2006, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mitsubishi Lancer Revealed

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/12/11/200...subishi-lancer/

IMHO i dont see anything to phone home about. I mean its a BIG step in the right direction from the previous one. I just dont see the EVO being a whole lot better than that. It looks like a lexus IS in the back and a volvo S40 in the back.

Nonetheless im sure it'll be a track star.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:56 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Looks like it could be made to look fairly aggressive with just a few changes. Lower it, add a lower body kit with a front lip, add in a proper hood, and put bigger wheels on it and it'd look pretty good.

I actually see a lot of Acura TL in the profile of the car. That tight wedge shape and the character lines on the side of the car are very similar to the TL, not to mention the shape of the rear doors and the way the lower sills on the side of the car are shaped. Very TL-ish.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:15 AM

It looks really good with the 17" wheels, side skirts, and front lip. But it looks very plain and ordinary in base trim (I guess like most econoboxes do). It's a shame it's so heavy though - Nearly 3000 lbs for the base model...

Supposedly, there will be a Turbocharged, AWD variant of this car coming out later, but before the more focused Evolution X version arrives. Think like the equivalent of a Mitsu version of the Impreza WRX.

Andrew
Old 12-11-2006, 06:32 AM

Hideous. Looks like a squared-off Mazda6
Old 12-11-2006, 06:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks a lot better then the base toyota corolla or yaris. I saw a yaris yesterday...wow, that is one plain, lame looking car. I think it looks pretty good. I have never been a huge fan of the looks of the lancer, but I think this is a step in the right direction. I'm sure the evo X will look better then my IX.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:24 AM

It looks cool for being 'just a lancer'...I wasn't a huge fan of the EVO before...but seeing one based off of this car should be interesting. I have a feeling that it will look better in a technical sense of the word...but it might lose a little bit of it's personality, which I'll admit...it actually has some.

Back to the new lancer though. It looks nice...but I will save my final judgement for seeing it in real life. If it looks like that and it looks quality at the same time, then I will say big upgrade.

BTW, you know how they say that some cars looke like they're going 100 MPH even when they're standing still? Well...is it just me, or does this car look like it is performing a 60MPH stoping distance test even while it's standing still? I swear it looks like it is about to endo...back over front.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:06 AM

looks like a huge advancement over the old lancer. the last gen base lancer was horrendous.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:24 AM

It does look like a pretty significant improvement, though it is quite heavy for a base car with a 2-liter in it. Notice though how quickly VAG's nose treatment is spreading, especially on this car.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks a lot better than the last! Let's hope they have made huge improvement on the interior also.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice. I am interested in the EVO version.

Quick Reply: New Mitsubishi Lancer Revealed