Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Ridgeline

Old 10-03-2019, 07:17 PM

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

I always like when people take pics of wranglers in a parking lot. It’s cute. I own one of them jacked up Wranglers. Do I go off road? Nope. Do I care? Nope. Would you be so tough if you met me in person? Probably not unless you’re 220 lbs and 6% body fat. Anyways, I digress. You make yourself seem more petty than the ones you’re trying to generalize. It makes YOU seem very insecure, in fact. It’s attitudes like yours that explains why humans can no longer get along.

You got a new Ridgeline. We’re very happy for you. Now you can hang out at Lowe’s on Saturday morning and impress the retired grandpas.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:53 AM

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Yeah I don't really understand the lifted truck/jeep hate. It isn't my thing, but neither is half the shit people choose to do. Plenty of people put coilovers and urethane bushings on their import and yet never go to a track or driving event. Hell, plenty of them do no more than hard park. Is lifting a truck and putting bigger wheels on when you don't actually go off-roading any different? Some people just like the look of it. I have never understood the "he made his truck bigger because his lil' weenus is so small" logic. That jeep doesn't even look like it has much of a lift.

There is no shortage of people that buy high performance cars but drive them like pussies. To each his own.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:28 AM

Received 139 Likes on 114 Posts

I don't know, if I saw a Jeep parked like that I think I'd make fun of it too, lol. "Look! I can climb a curb cuz race off-road car, lol!" Just like those guys that takes up two or more parking spots cuz race car.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:48 AM

Received 383 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by ssbfgc
I always like when people take pics of wranglers in a parking lot. It’s cute. I own one of them jacked up Wranglers. Do I go off road? Nope. Do I care? Nope. Would you be so tough if you met me in person? Probably not unless you’re 220 lbs and 6% body fat.
What's funny after I have obviously struck a nerve....you really aren't that far off. 225 lbs, stay between 8-10% body fat. I took martial arts for most of my youth and well trained with a karambit and edc with a spare mag. But I'm not a "tough" guy. The first thing you learn in martial arts, knife, or firearm training, is to just walk away. Nobody wins a fight. Let the other guy run his mouth, let the other drive wig out with their road rage. Take the high road. You don't like my opinion, fine, doesn't bother me. But don't bitch out because you read something you don't like. I think people driving vehicles such as yours are poseurs. Big deal. It's your money, you shouldn't get so riled up with what I or anyone else thinks.

Anyways, I digress. You make yourself seem more petty than the ones you’re trying to generalize. It makes YOU seem very insecure, in fact. It’s attitudes like yours that explains why humans can no longer get along.
Really? Person above agrees with me. Lift your truck/jeep/etc, don't be a douche doing what is done in the pics above. Don't drive like an ass thinking you are better than everyone else.

You got a new Ridgeline. We’re very happy for you. Now you can hang out at Lowe’s on Saturday morning and impress the retired grandpas.
Well which is it? Obviously if I'm driving a Ridgeline, the last thing I am is insecure. My daily driver is a Nissan Leaf also. So please explain how insecure I am. I ride very fast motorcycles on the weekends twisties or the track, so I'm not going to fit any of your preconceived notions about much of anything. If I was insecure I'd be driving a full size truck with a lift kit and 33's or a lifted Wrangler looking "off road" while I go get my groceries at Costco. Superficial people always get riled up when the mirror is put in their face. Deal with it brah!
The following users liked this post:
FearlessFife (10-07-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 07:11 AM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

I knew this thread would ultimately deliver! Did not disappoint!!
The following 3 users liked this post by QUIKAG:
cbehney (10-10-2019), FearlessFife (10-07-2019), Mr.E.G. (11-30-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

I picked up a year ago a 2018 and LOVE IT! It's not AWD but I was choosing from a handful as the 19's were already out and I wanted some of the better features without paying a fortune. Spent more than I would have liked to but I think it's worth it none the less.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
I picked up a year ago a 2018 and LOVE IT! It's not AWD but I was choosing from a handful as the 19's were already out and I wanted some of the better features without paying a fortune. Spent more than I would have liked to but I think it's worth it none the less.
Unfortunate that you did not get AWD, it's quite user friendly in winter conditions and the actual AWD system performs well. I wondered if I would need snow tires, turns out that was a definite "no".
Old 10-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rwheelz
Yeah I don't really understand the lifted truck/jeep hate. It isn't my thing, but neither is half the shit people choose to do. Plenty of people put coilovers and urethane bushings on their import and yet never go to a track or driving event. Hell, plenty of them do no more than hard park. Is lifting a truck and putting bigger wheels on when you don't actually go off-roading any different? Some people just like the look of it. I have never understood the "he made his truck bigger because his lil' weenus is so small" logic. That jeep doesn't even look like it has much of a lift.

There is no shortage of people that buy high performance cars but drive them like pussies. To each his own.
I guess I would not classify my feelings towards the lifted truck and jeep crowd as hate, more confusion than dislike.

For the most part those vehicles have a poor driving experience when you compare them to some of the smaller competition (such as a Ridgeline). Owning such a vehicle and mostly use it as a daily/regular use vehicle, I am confused as to what is so great about having a terrible driving experience 95% of the time, then the other 5% (maybe) you actually enjoy the extreme characteristics of the truck/jeep in the scenarios where it's actually practical to use. It simply makes no sense to me.

Each to their own, but I am not up for a "driving a tank" experience behind the wheel so that a small sliver of time each year I can enjoy doing what the vehicle is capable of.

Probably the best part about the Ridgeline is that it is quite practical to use and is actually enjoyable to drive. I sold my '12 Civic Si to get my Ridgeline and was terrified I would hate driving it every day, but the reality has been I look forward to getting behind the wheel.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

^^^ you forget about the "I need to swing my dick around" syndrome where image and looks are 95% of the requirements.

My bro in-law wants to DD a lifted Tacoma TRD-Pro with 35" on it and can't name a single offroad trail / location local to us.

I tried to sell him on a Ridgeline since it's about $10k cheaper with AWD and heated leather seats. He responded with "I like the way the Tacoma looks better" and sent me a bunch of lifted Tacos in off-road environments... At one point, he was looking at an optioned out Raptor at $75k or something.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:19 AM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
^^^ you forget about the "I need to swing my dick around" syndrome where image and looks are 95% of the requirements.

My bro in-law wants to DD a lifted Tacoma TRD-Pro with 35" on it and can't name a single offroad trail / location local to us.

I tried to sell him on a Ridgeline since it's about $10k cheaper with AWD and heated leather seats. He responded with "I like the way the Tacoma looks better" and sent me a bunch of lifted Tacos in off-road environments... At one point, he was looking at an optioned out Raptor at $75k or something.
Why does it matter why people buy cars? Buy what you want. Some people do need vehicles to portray an image due to low self-esteem, but a lot of people (myself included) like to buy cool trucks and fast sports cars for the thrill of it and having the capability available when needed. I think the Ridgeline is great, but I also think a Tacoma TRD Pro with some nice 35" tires would be pretty bada** too. If that's what your BIL wants, more power to him. His resale value is likely to be better than a Ridgeline so his cost of ownership won't be bad at all.

Quick Reply: New Ridgeline