Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Which one would you pick and why?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1369690349' post='22569845
If your not driving a lot of miles I would go see if Maserati is still leasing GTs for decent prices. They were in the $1200-$1500/month range with 12-15k miles when I was looking for one. Astons lease like shit tho lol
Technologically and quality wise, the Maserati does little for me. The car is mostly vynil, it's heavy and the quality is just not up to the other marques considering the price. Has nice lines and the engine can sound cool, but just not digging it that much. Good to hear some praise for the Evora. Typically, right now, I have a 8.5 mile commute under 30 mph, but I expect to have a job either working from home or taking public transportation in the future.

On my Jaguar XK forum, a few members were shopping the same and went for the XKRS over the Vantage or older F430 so there is no absolute answer. I'd like to wash each car before I buy one and see which one is going to suck more of time than the other. I sold my VDP because it was too much car to wash and park. The next owner now wants to sell as its too big to park, lol!
The interior quality of my previous Maserati was far more luxurious than any car I've owned, I miss that interior dearly (and the sound of that v8!). If you don't think the GranTurismo's have a nice interior quality, I'm at a loss to recommend a better car without having to step into lambo/scaglietti/FF territory.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 AM

Received 490 Likes on 374 Posts

DD and english cars, hmm.
But no question if I could afford all of those cars, I'd take the Aston for really no objective reason. It's an Aston.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outright answer, the Aston.

I want to say the Lotus, in the daily driver sense, but you don't get the same Lotus feel as you would from an Elise/Exige. Lastly, pick the Aston. The Jaguar(s) seem to be overpriced for what they are.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan2949
Just throwing out this for shits and gigs, but what about a C63 Black Series? Couldn't you get an Audi R8 near the price of a Vantage? Are all these cars going to be purchased new?
I am not into Merecedes that much and I will buy a used car, no matter which model I end up.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm an idiot because I completely missed out on the part where you said "used with 20k" -.- My mistake.

Is there any reason the Evora is up there? It's definitely out of it's league against those other vehicles on your list. I'd assume it's the cheapest option? Also, do Astons have good or bad resale value? I browse eBay every so often and you can get the older v8 Vantages for about half their original value, even with low mileage. The Jag looks awesome in black or white.

But as a DD the Vantage will win over the others. Weekend car would be the F-Type or Evora, but if it was a weekend car I'm sure most of this list would be different. But then again I feel like the 1M would be a better DD over the Evora.

If you do get the F-Type can I drive behind you for the rest of my life? The rear end on that car...
Old 05-28-2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan2949
If you do get the F-Type can I drive behind you for the rest of my life? The rear end on that car...
Funny, the back of the car I am not digging just yet!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No 911?

I considered and drove the Evora and an '06 Vantage before driving a 997S and forgetting about the others. 911s might be "too obvious", but it's for a reason.

The Vantage looks amazing, but the interior is pretty dated at this point, and it basically offers M3 performance.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be downright terrified for my bank account to own any of these cars... but I were to buy one of these expensive toys, it would have to be the Aston Martin Vantage.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by basscase
No 911?

I considered and drove the Evora and an '06 Vantage before driving a 997S and forgetting about the others. 911s might be "too obvious", but it's for a reason.

The Vantage looks amazing, but the interior is pretty dated at this point, and it basically offers M3 performance.
Not into German cars that much and 911 just screams mid-life douchebag or fill the blank compensating jokes. I was close to buying a 997 instead of my XK, but between ribbings from a couple of friends and not be so excited about. The XK had other stuff going for it the 911 didn't, but that's another thread.

Your right about the Vantage though. I am happy as long as I have NAV, Sat radio, and Bluetooth. Who needs power seats? Heated wheel and seats would be a big loss if I couldn't get them, but not a deal breaker necessarily. One of the reasons I pretty much crossed any front engine Ferrari I could afford of the list.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by basscase' timestamp='1369781766' post='22572333
No 911?

Not into German cars that much and 911 just screams mid-life douchebag or fill the blank compensating jokes. I was close to buying a 997 instead of my XK, but between ribbings from a couple of friends and not be so excited about. The XK had other stuff going for it the 911 didn't, but that's another thread.

Your right about the Vantage though. I am happy as long as I have NAV, Sat radio, and Bluetooth. Who needs power seats? Heated wheel and seats would be a big loss if I couldn't get them, but not a deal breaker necessarily. One of the reasons I pretty much crossed any front engine Ferrari I could afford of the list.
Yeah, good point. I tell myself that the 911 douche-factor is more applicable to C4S PDK convertibles, and that a 6MT coupe is fairly safe. But I'm full of %&#$.

Quick Reply: Which one would you pick and why?