Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

As promised. M roadster first impression.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from that beautiful inline 6 the M roadster has nothing on an S2000
Old 03-31-2002, 04:44 PM

I traded the car in because I couldn't get the car fixed to the condition it was in previously. Honda didn't give a damn. I'm still very angry with them. Yes, I agree, Honda Japan makes an awesome car but AHM can't service it. The bull shit they handed me was unforgivable. I traded the car in because I couldn't take the risk of something bad actually happening to it and Honda not fixing it corredtly. You really have no idea the months of aggravation and shouting matches with the customer service rep I went through. It just wasn't worth the hassle anymore. The buisness with the steering was the last straw. The S2000 was a great car but I think AHM thought it was a Civic. By the way. I didn't trade it in to get back at Honda. I just never want to deal with them again.

George

For those interested, this is the new car:

http://homepage.mac.com/gmcmickle/PhotoAlbum5.html
Old 03-31-2002, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by Dorian Gray
The S2000 was a great car but I think AHM thought it was a Civic.
I too am concerned about this aspect of owning an S2000. As an analogy, I wonder what it's like to take a Corvette to a Chevrolet dealership. Then again, there are many more Corvettes out there than S2000s. A BMW dealership, anyway, should be accustomed to exotic machinery.

Congratulations on your purchase of a a great car. I hope you receive the level of service you expect and to which you (and all car owners) are entitled.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:35 PM

Maybe sometimes it is better to take it to an import tuning place for all your troubles,
except warranty I suppose. Unless it is something really wrong that I need the warranty
to kick in, I beleive I will be taking mine to an import place that appreciates the car
for what it is worth.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my experience BMW dealers can be just as bad as Honda dealers.

How about driving by to find your BMW which is in for servicing missing one evening, and picking it up with an additional 60 miles on the odometer the next day?

Murray Motors in Denver stinks -- almost as bad as Bellevue Honda in Seattle.

Congrats on the new car.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:10 PM

Now the real test...

Some ass backed up into my left rear quarter panel while I was at Easter dinner. Of course, it was a hit and run. Tomorrow it goes to BMW and we will see exactly how good their customer service is. Can you believe it. The car is 1 week old.

Don't laugh

George
Old 03-31-2002, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dorian Gray
[B]Now the real test...

Some ass backed up into my left rear quarter panel while I was at Easter dinner.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:50 PM

Dorian, is the 2002 M roadster still on the same suspension as the previous models?
Old 03-31-2002, 11:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Couple things I don't like about the M roadster:

a) looks like a Z3 with extra pipes and some gills
b) its the 21st century can they move up to 6 speed already
c) for a $40k+ the overall fit and quality seems cheap IMO.
d) back to c. for being $40k+ I think they should have a convertible hardtop, atleast then they can compete with the SLK and volvo convertible

If you can't tell I don't like the M roadster that much
Last, these are just my opinions, could the new 7 series look anymore like a space ship with caddy cues?
Old 03-31-2002, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The suspension is the same as previous versions but it has been revised further giving better handling. I have sat in my friends M Roadster and it is a quality unit. No squeaks, no rattles and general build quality was good. It used to be that the S2000 matched up well with the M roadster across the board (handling, build quality, horsepower, etc). Now the M rodster does have at least one advantage that it is a much faster car that can justify some of the price premium. Looks is subjective. I think it has a nice classical look, the engines are some of the best on the planet, but you are right about going to the 6 speed. The M3 has it, why not just transplant it to the M roadster ?

Quick Reply: As promised. M roadster first impression.