Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Saw a JDM Integra Type R today......

Old 02-02-2006, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2000spoon,Feb 2 2006, 01:06 PM
- are you referring to the shift sequence?

It's the same as LHD, just sitting on the other side.
lol he's joking
Old 02-02-2006, 07:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

They're not as much $$ as you think...there was one on Honda-Tech for about 3 months for sale, a 96 spec fully registered and legalized for $13500, took him a while to get rid of it. I beleive it was one of the guys from InlineFour.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i loved my R and i still do but i dont miss the bad attention you get from it.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:33 AM

i would have a type r right now if it wasn't for the theft rate

"owning a type r is like a dream, once you wake up its gone"
Old 02-03-2006, 04:51 AM

I have no desire what-so-ever to own a RHD car. It would be so much of a hassle that it's not even worth it.
That's what I thought at first until I bought a RHD JDM Mini Cooper recently. The hassle of having a RHD is minimal, almost non-existent. I got used to it in five minutes. Sometimes I would find myself slowly drifting to the left since of course I'm used to being on the left side of the lane but I never cut anyone off I went through the change lane at a toll both and was able to reach out for the change (then again, it's a Mini )

The fun part is watching the reaction of your passengers. They reach for the keys when starting the car or try to depress the brake or the clutch when coming to a stop

I haven't gone through a fast-food drive through yet, but I don't think it'll be a problem. In fact, it'll be a lot of fun when I drive through in reverse

Also, it's easy to have a conversation with the person next to you at a light (which is good since you'll get a lot of questions). And if it's a cute girl, it'll be easy for her to hand you her telephone number
Old 02-03-2006, 06:37 AM

i used to live in japan and still prefer the rhd cars...much easier to drive.
anyway, i miss those used cars that i could get for around 5-7k.. my favorite would be a fc3s...reminds me of the s alot.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by .no tork.,Feb 2 2006, 08:24 PM
They're not as much $$ as you think...there was one on Honda-Tech for about 3 months for sale, a 96 spec fully registered and legalized for $13500, took him a while to get rid of it. I beleive it was one of the guys from InlineFour.
The one I saw was an 01.....looked kinda like an RSX if you have a bit of an imagination. This looked better than the older gen. Acura Integra IMO.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by X4DLuvOfSpeedX,Feb 3 2006, 05:51 AM
That's what I thought at first until I bought a RHD JDM Mini Cooper recently. The hassle of having a RHD is minimal, almost non-existent. I got used to it in five minutes. Sometimes I would find myself slowly drifting to the left since of course I'm used to being on the left side of the lane but I never cut anyone off I went through the change lane at a toll both and was able to reach out for the change (then again, it's a Mini )

The fun part is watching the reaction of your passengers. They reach for the keys when starting the car or try to depress the brake or the clutch when coming to a stop

I haven't gone through a fast-food drive through yet, but I don't think it'll be a problem. In fact, it'll be a lot of fun when I drive through in reverse

Also, it's easy to have a conversation with the person next to you at a light (which is good since you'll get a lot of questions). And if it's a cute girl, it'll be easy for her to hand you her telephone number
JDM? wouldnt a mini be like... UKDM?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The hassle of having a RHD is minimal, almost non-existent
Yeah that whole I don't need to see before I pass thing is overrated. Owning a RHD car in LHD country is true Darwinism. Kill off the retards first please.

Hey look at me! I'm different! .... Bang -- dead. Gotta love nature.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=cfusionpm,Feb 4 2006, 02:40 AM]JDM?

Quick Reply: Saw a JDM Integra Type R today......