Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Toyota Tundra!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:47 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

You wont get it for invoice. i bought a 4 Runner last year from

the same dealership, they acted like they couldnt get what i wanted

and didnt want to try. There have been to many problems with the

truck, being its a first year vehicle. The crew Max is hard to get

especially if you want a Limited. The crew Max i did look at was

$42000.00, i belive there is a rebate program going right now

up to $3500.00 or 0% financing for 3 years. My guess is that you

may be able to get another 2k off the truck. Im a Toyota die hard

too, but there is noway im going to buy an 07 Tundra
Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Jul 1 2007, 08:24 PM
But if I was getting a truck for towing and such I would stick with those whose been building them for almost 100 years. GM and Ford knows what they're doing. (Truck-Wise)
I'm sorry, but that is such a wacked out concept. You actually think Nissan and Toyota are unable to come to the party and have great towing features/capacities? Maybe you should consider how Nissan came to market in the 1/2-ton segment with 9,500 pounds towing capacity and immediately sent Ford, Dodge and Chevy scrambling to get their load ratings up to that same level.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by kumainu,Jul 1 2007, 07:17 PM
I'll be trading in my Honda Pilot for a Tundra CrewMax 5.7L because I need a little less room and more towing capability...
Seriously, did you type that wrong? I'm confused on how the Pilot has more room than the CrewMax? Do you mean more room inside because the backend is enclosed as it is an SUV?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by FILTHY BEAST,Jul 1 2007, 08:43 PM
I was looking at a Tundra, i wasnt that impressed, although there nice trucks
and i own 2 4 Runners, after driving one i think its overpriced. Go to the Tundra forum www.tundrasolutions.com there having losts of problems.
I drove a Nissan crew cab LE and really liked it, im getting it for 33,600
out the door. Nissan will deal right now. We are on our 3rd 4 Runner so i cant bash Toyota. I just feel Nissan has a better, cheaper product this year.
The new Tundra was not out in 2005 when I bought, and the old Tundra was only a 7/8 scale truck. I too have checked out the new Tundra, I absolutly hate the interior, that weird visual division in the center console that runs up into the dash is down right nasty, and to think the Tundra guys gave the Titan crap for having a plasticie interior, now that's funny...

I too can't really bash Toyuota, it's just I think they have some of the worst designers, for the most part their products just don't appeal to me. I know they are well made, but I can't pay for something every month for a few years if I don't like how it looks. There is one thing though I do really like about the Tundra, and that is their greater number of configurations. I just love the DoubleCab with the Long Bed, the wheelbase is pushed out like 18" more, now that's great, especially for towing.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Jul 2 2007, 09:21 AM
The Titans I've been in have also had a monster motor, especially considering it's the base (only) motor available. While the looks are a bit more controversial, it's really a great truck overall. Tons of passing power, very quick, and pretty well built.
31,000 miles and still loving mine!

I have had a few leaks from drive shaft seals, but that's about it. I have towed lots of times and I have subjected it to some long, really long drives, the best was 19.5 hours of straight driving, from Toronto to Chicago back to Toronto all in one day.

This last trip out to Indy for F1 running for the most part between 72 and 75 mph with camping gear in the bed and no tonneau cover or cap and I pulled 18.3 mpg, something I'm very happy with.

The very 1st time I saw The Big Red Beast
Old 07-03-2007, 07:05 AM

Received 402 Likes on 223 Posts

As I mentioned previously, I think the powertrain of the Tundra is top notch. A co-worker got one as a loaner, so I took it out and ran the 5.7L motor against the rev limiter and basically just beat the piss out of it for about 20 minutes. The engine/transmission were stellar, engine was butter smooth even right on the rev limiter. Great power, etc.

However, the interior design and materials SUCKED. Very cheesy and the piano black center console and horrible gray plastic made the earlier Corvette C6 models look like a Maybach or Bentley.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:24 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

^^^ I have never bought a truck for looks, i buy it for functionality
but yes your right the interior is pretty bad, its something i could
live with if this was a 3rd or 4th year truck.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Jul 3 2007, 10:05 AM
As I mentioned previously, I think the powertrain of the Tundra is top notch. A co-worker got one as a loaner, so I took it out and ran the 5.7L motor against the rev limiter and basically just beat the piss out of it for about 20 minutes. The engine/transmission were stellar, engine was butter smooth even right on the rev limiter. Great power, etc.
This is what blew my friend away who owns a new F-150. He got into my Titan to give it a test drive, he looked at the 6,200 redline on the tach for the 5.6 and he saids something like "sure, 6,200 rpms." Let me just say after he ran it right up there and it just bounced off the rev limiter until he shifted into the next gear he was blown away.

I read a review a while back about the F-150 compared to the Titan. Nissan under rated the 1st couple of years with a 305 hp rating, and the F-150 has 300. The rviewer said something along these lines - if the F-150 has 300 horsepower compared to the Titan's 305, Ford must be using some really small horses.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Jul 3 2007, 10:05 AM
However, the interior design and materials SUCKED. Very cheesy and the piano black center console and horrible gray plastic made the earlier Corvette C6 models look like a Maybach or Bentley.

1,000%

No thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jul 3 2007, 06:37 AM
Seriously, did you type that wrong? I'm confused on how the Pilot has more room than the CrewMax? Do you mean more room inside because the backend is enclosed as it is an SUV?
What I meant was that my Pilot can seat 8 (though tight in the last row ), however, I think I've only used that last row once, hence I don't really need it. On the other hand, the CrewMax only has 2 rows (hence less seating capacity), but much more utility. That is what I meant. Maybe you thought the Pilot only had 2 rows of seats?

Maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but when I sat in the Tundra, I found the interior to be delightful, comfortable, roomy, and very decent for a truck. If I could get a Tundra for a decent price, I will. But if a competitor could be had for much much less, then I will get that instead. The Titan looks too squarish to me, but if it could be had for much less, I'd consider it.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra!