Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Watch a Lamborghini Aventador Get Stoned

Old 06-01-2014, 06:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark355
Originally Posted by rockville' timestamp='1401589740' post='23184307
If I were a judge and it could be shown that the car was driving like a jerk I think I would fine the rock thrower but give none of the money to the owner of the car. Two wrongs would both be punished. Of course I'm not a judge so my opinion is worth the electricity it cost you to read it.
Speeding doesn't legally open your vehicle to vandalism in the spirit of "justice". The owner should be compensated, and it should come out of the assailant's pocket. Insurance should not be on the hook considering the evidence.

Edit: Video made R&T: http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/car-c...-in-california

"To be specific, the showdown occurs at the corner of West Bluff Creek Drive and South Seabluff Drive in the Playa Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA. The Aventador is on West Bluff Creek Drive, which is separated by a median ... "
Yes, the rock thrower should face consequences. And so should the driver - whatever CA usually does for street racing. License suspension, car impounded, whatever - don't they even crush cars caught street racing?
Old 06-01-2014, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockville' timestamp='1401589740' post='23184307
If I were a judge and it could be shown that the car was driving like a jerk I think I would fine the rock thrower but give none of the money to the owner of the car. Two wrongs would both be punished. Of course I'm not a judge so my opinion is worth the electricity it cost you to read it.
Speeding doesn't legally open your vehicle to vandalism in the spirit of "justice". The owner should be compensated, and it should come out of the assailant's pocket. Insurance should not be on the hook considering the evidence.

Edit: Video made R&T: http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/car-c...-in-california

"To be specific, the showdown occurs at the corner of West Bluff Creek Drive and South Seabluff Drive in the Playa Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA. The Aventador is on West Bluff Creek Drive, which is separated by a median ... "
You are correct, it doesn't open the owner to vandalism. However, the owner was, it appears, driving recklessly. That puts people in the area at risk. That is why the owner/driver is also very much in the wrong. We don't know how reckless but let's be honest, we don't know how much damage either. It could be a hole in the panel or the guy might have just thrown a tennis ball and we have nothing more than a fuzzy spot. Again, both are in the wrong and I don't see one as more innocent than the other. That is why if I were to fine the thrower I would also fine the driver so they both come out losers.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:40 PM

no sympathies
Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 PM

poor innocent driver, lol

Old 06-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by smurf2k

That's starting to look like a serious case of reckless driving.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:10 PM

Men, driver deserved it! I'd be annoyed as well especially if I had kids in the area. Maybe not throw a rock at their car but defiently confront the driver
Old 06-01-2014, 03:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neither person is right in this situation, but I don't at all think the driver deserved to be assaulted by a pedestrian.

Pedestrian should have just called the police if the driver had been consistently making passes down the street. I'm sure he has a phone with a camera, so he could have taken a video as evidence. Instead, he assaulted someone and caused destruction to their property and was caught on video doing it.

While the driver is going to get in trouble by the video as well, so is the rock goon.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by smurf2k

^ I call bullshit. Aventador has 335s in the rear and those marks aren't big enough.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:44 PM

^ I call bullshit. Aventador has 335s in the rear and those marks aren't big enough.
the entire contact patch doesnt get left behind as skidmarks

Old 06-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Realize that, but some of those still look really narrow especially pic 3. How far is this from where the stone was thrown?

Quick Reply: Watch a Lamborghini Aventador Get Stoned