Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Anyone own an NSX? Just looking for some insight

Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own an NSX? Just looking for some insight

Im trying to decide what my next vehicle purchase will be. Ive missed my FD Rx-7 so badly and have regretted selling it pretty much since day 1. I had such an emotional attachment to that car, I literally about cried the day I sold it. Ive been wanting to get another since then, but have recently started considering other cars as well. The S2000 is fun, but just doesnt "do it" for me. Ive always loved the way NSXs looked, but have never been able to drive one or even really take a ride in one. Ive sat in a few, if that counts ) I know that noone can tell me if Ill like it or not, as thats a personal thing.. but I loved the "raw race car" feeling I got from my FD. For those who own an NSX, would you be able to give me a real unbiased opinion of the car? What you like, what you dislike, things to look for, price/ease of upgrades, etc? Just trying to weigh all my options before I make another purchase. As much as I know that I will love another FD, I do feel like I already did that, and would like to experience another japanese "supercar" if I could. Just for shits, pics of my old FD

As much as I love the FD, I think an NSX would make a worthy replacement.. but dont want to regret the purchase.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

S2000s don't do it for you??? Are you mad? Were you abused as a child?

Kidding man...the NSX is nice...I drove Dewain27's NSX and absolutely LOVED it. It's like a more powerful and better planted S2000, IMO. I think the look of the NSX makes it look like an exotic...they are really rare (as you know) and unmistakable to those who know 'em.

Nice RX-7, BTW.

Good luck with your search...lots of great resources available on this fine sports car.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:36 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

i currently own an rx7 and an nsx, and i've put a lot of miles on s2000's on the street and on the track. the nsx is the best of the bunch for daily driving hands down imo. the engine is the most flexible and the looks you get driving it are fun too. i like pretty much like everything about the car. the only downside is if you have the 5speed the gearing is really tall. for the track i prefer both the rx7 and the s2000
Old 08-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Those cars are great looking but boy they sure are expensive.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/default....&model=NSX#used

For the version I want, I'd get a brand new Cayman.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM

The car would not be a daily driver. Mostly just garage queen and weekend fun car. I personally like the way the older models look with the hideaway lights, but I would like to get the larger engine and 6-speed. ( I believe 97+?) The pricing does turn me off a bit, but its not really *that* much for an "exotic".
As for the cayman comment, while they are nice cars, the styling doesnt really do it for me, especially the interior.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

if thats the case then i think you should get the nsx. im sure you will be happy with it, they are great cars
Old 08-17-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rxmfn7,Aug 17 2008, 08:20 PM
The car would not be a daily driver. Mostly just garage queen and weekend fun car. I personally like the way the older models look with the hideaway lights, but I would like to get the larger engine and 6-speed. ( I believe 97+?) The pricing does turn me off a bit, but its not really *that* much for an "exotic".
As for the cayman comment, while they are nice cars, the styling doesnt really do it for me, especially the interior.
I prefer the hideaway lights also.

http://joshinthecity.files.wordpress.com/2...an-s-design.jpg

^^Wowee.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I love the NSX I think the brand new Cayman is something to think about. Tough choice.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The sound an NSX makes is just fantastic. Had a ride in a buddy's 01 NSX, top off, lots of WOT... Tons of fun!!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how much do you have in your pocket?

Quick Reply: Anyone own an NSX? Just looking for some insight