Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Boxster & S2000 Road rage

Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eSeM,Aug 21 2007, 02:47 PM
He sounds like an OK sort of bloke to me!

What was the issue again, you buying a Tigra next ??
Old 08-21-2007, 05:59 AM

I think it's par for the course I'm afraid Lloyd.. People don't like porsches.. Pity.

I always get annoyed with this sort of crap but it's better for my blood pressure and licence to ignore it now. But occasionally one gets under your skin. I'm actually surprised how little of it you get in the s2k.

I saw a brilliant picture that sums it up for me - a set of greyhound traps that have just opened. 3 of the 4 traps contain greyhounds going for it like hell. The 4th trap contains a lion or a cheetah, sat down and lazily looking out of one eye throught the open gate. The caption reads 'nothing to prove'.

Let it go mate, nothing winds them up more than ignoring them.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by lucky77,Aug 21 2007, 05:30 AM
What makes me angry is why people think its acceptable to call you something and suffer no repercussions from it.

You call some one a w*nker in the pub, you know exactly whats gonna happen next.

Whys it any different when on the roads????
My point exactly.

Now I have to watch where I leave my car because if the chav see`s it, its obvious what comes next. Same goes for him, if I see him I will just ...... can not say for fear of who may read this but trust me I wont be buying him a pint

What is coming of our heritage? Chavs rule at the moment because punishment = slapped wrist, nothing or some councilling... bring back hanging, the cane, public humiliation etc I say. I am ready to start war on the chavs.

Last night was another example, a group of lads shouting as they walked down the street at 11.30pm, an old lady asked politely to keep it down please so they kick her wheely bin into and over her car... if I could of got my jeans and trainers on quicker id now be in a Police cell for hitting teenagers.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 AM

Maybe he thought you were driving towards him .. just sat in your car back to front ..
Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by jimboturbo,Aug 21 2007, 05:59 AM
I think it's par for the course I'm afraid Lloyd.. People don't like porsches.. Pity.

I always get annoyed with this sort of crap but it's better for my blood pressure and licence to ignore it now. But occasionally one gets under your skin. I'm actually surprised how little of it you get in the s2k.

I saw a brilliant picture that sums it up for me - a set of greyhound traps that have just opened. 3 of the 4 traps contain greyhounds going for it like hell. The 4th trap contains a lion or a cheetah, sat down and lazily looking out of one eye throught the open gate. The caption reads 'nothing to prove'.

Let it go mate, nothing winds them up more than ignoring them.
Remember those little devices you could get for your dash that made machine gun or dropping bomb noises? I need one to relieve my car stress.. unfortunately I actually do like a bit of rage on the road I have to admit, its kinda competitive but this gets too far when someone calls me the C word for no reason at all, this is where my steriod abuse of Decca and Trenabul takes over and death becomes he who speaks such words!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bibbs,Aug 21 2007, 06:06 AM
Maybe he thought you were driving towards him .. just sat in your car back to front ..
Shurrup Clarkson

Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 AM

Heh heh .. I've one of these

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59320447108454

I find a flame into their bumper usually allows you a bit of room.

Unfortunatly it's the current state of the UK.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lloyd Six,Aug 21 2007, 03:02 PM
Last night was another example, a group of lads shouting as they walked down the street at 11.30pm, an old lady asked politely to keep it down please so they kick her wheely bin into and over her car... if I could of got my jeans and trainers on quicker id now be in a Police cell for hitting teenagers.
Or you'd be in intensive care with a kinfe wound. Which is how things seem to be going at the moment.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by jimboturbo,Aug 21 2007, 01:59 PM
That's not true IMO. I get let out all the time and I don't think I get any abuse but there again my exhaust is so loud I probably wouldn't here them. I always get good comments , I have even had people if ask if they can have their photo taken next to it. Most people comment on my plate too.

Just turn your stereo up then you can't hear them
Old 08-21-2007, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dembo,Aug 21 2007, 06:10 AM
Or you'd be in intensive care with a kinfe wound. Which is how things seem to be going at the moment.
Hmmm... true

So, whos going to back me on the war of the chavs?

I am sure people wont mind if a few chavs a day go missing?

Quick Reply: Boxster & S2000 Road rage