Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Boxster & S2000 Road rage

Old 08-21-2007, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster & S2000 Road rage

I have been driving my Boxster for 2 weeks now and I can honestly say I have had more abuse and road rage in these 2 weeks than the whole 2 years of driving my S2000

On the way home from work there is one of those sets of traffic lights with 2 lanes but when you go over there is only one lane (who the f designed these chicane set ups?) I suffered rage once in the S but in 2 weeks of driving the Porsche I have had 4 similar road rage attacks, the worst last night.

Picture this, I am in the outside lane waiting behind a van, lights go Green we pull off, as you go over you are supposed to filter so I am indicating to pull across to the left, there is barely a car width left between me and the curb when I hear a loud exhaust, a tw@t in a Tigra with Tigra decals down the doors races down the side to block me getting in, I am now stuck on the wrong side of the road with a truck approaching, the idiot behind him as also closed the gap, they are pushing me for a head on...why??? Maybe because they hate Porsches? I have my roof down so I can hear all, I look across to the guy in the Tigra and he has his Vs up, he then shouted an all time hated word by me that makes me see Red Cu#t.. I know some of you will say let it pass, I couldnt... I held down the horn (don
Old 08-21-2007, 05:08 AM

I do the same to Boxter owners. Fair game IMO.

PS: Chill!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And so it begins
Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove a Z4 for about 2 hours. Nobody would let you out, evil glares everywhere. Didn't have the same problem in the Boxster.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Only two options in my book:

1) barge in (aka filtering)
2) ignore it

You have done the worst possible thing, which is back down and then get mad, and that is why you are so angry
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Aug 21 2007, 02:25 PM
and that is why you are so angry
What makes me angry is why people think its acceptable to call you something and suffer no repercussions from it.

You call some one a w*nker in the pub, you know exactly whats gonna happen next.

Whys it any different when on the roads????
Old 08-21-2007, 05:37 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky77,Aug 21 2007, 01:30 PM
You call some one a w*nker in the pub, you know exactly whats gonna happen next.

Whys it any different when on the roads????
you don't tend to though, do you (call them something)?

distance/perceived superiorityand invulnerabilty/absence of consideration of repercussions
Old 08-21-2007, 05:39 AM

[QUOTE=Lloyd Six,Aug 21 2007, 01:04 PM] I have been driving my Boxster for 2 weeks now and I can honestly say I have had more abuse and road rage in these 2 weeks than the whole 2 years of driving my S2000

On the way home from work there is one of those sets of traffic lights with 2 lanes but when you go over there is only one lane (who the f designed these chicane set ups?) I suffered rage once in the S but in 2 weeks of driving the Porsche I have had 4 similar road rage attacks, the worst last night.

Picture this, I am in the outside lane waiting behind a van, lights go Green we pull off, as you go over you are supposed to filter so I am indicating to pull across to the left, there is barely a car width left between me and the curb when I hear a loud exhaust, a tw@t in a Tigra with Tigra decals down the doors races down the side to block me getting in, I am now stuck on the wrong side of the road with a truck approaching, the idiot behind him as also closed the gap, they are pushing me for a head on...why??? Maybe because they hate Porsches? I have my roof down so I can hear all, I look across to the guy in the Tigra and he has his Vs up, he then shouted an all time hated word by me that makes me see Red Cu#t.. I know some of you will say let it pass, I couldnt... I held down the horn (don
Old 08-21-2007, 05:39 AM

It's just the "who the F**k does he think he is?" mentality kicking in, their life is shit and they don't see why yours sould be any better.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Lloyd Six,Aug 21 2007, 01:04 PM] I wouldn

Quick Reply: Boxster & S2000 Road rage