Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by j8mie,Jun 14 2008, 12:17 AM

It was no more of a mistake by Lewis in the pits than Kimi's incident at Monaco
Not in the same city, let alone ball-park

Is luurve clouding your judgement?

Old 06-14-2008, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Subaru2000,Jun 14 2008, 10:03 AM
Everyone makes mistakes of course, but it’s different, as other posters point out.

Kimi's is down to losing control of the car under braking (as DC did in the same spot) at over 150 mph

LH is down to him buckling under pressure and not engaging brain coming out of the pits at a sedate 50 mph.

A massive difference, choose to ignore it if you wish, but it's the first of many more blunders to come from LH.
"buckling under pressure" Sorry but I think the boy knows about pressure by now. He's been racing for many years now, and knows what it's like to win, to lose and what pressure feels like. To say he's going to make lots more blunders this year is just wishful thinking tbh.

Yes he will make future mistakes, but come to think of it they ALL will at some point, it's just the nature of the sport.

Just because Kimi was doing an extra 100mph doesn't make his mistake any more or less costly. I suspect more people will dislike Kimi for taking out Sutil than Lewis for taking out Kimi

I remember last year at Canada they had the safety car out and the drivers had to queue at the end of the pits. I remember Massa and Fisichella left the pits under a red light, when rookie Kubica stopped at the end and waited. Are you saying these two "buckled" under pressure as well? Just remember how many years Fisichella has been racing in F1 before you answer that.

I'm no racing driver, but even I know that they have to get into a routine or groove if you will when racing. It's all about repetition. As soon as something like a red light at the end of the pit lane breaks that repetition it can easily throw them off. When Lewis comes into the pits he's focusing on stopping at his marker in the pits and getting back out again in the shortest amount of time. It must be so easy be in that groove and miss things.

Looking at the replay again I noticed that Ferrari released Kimi when Kubica was already under way. Will Ferrari get penalised for that? I suspect they won't, and are they even allowed to line up alongside each other at the end of the pit? I suspect not either. Kimi should have filed in behind Kubica. Must have been the pressure getting to him And a final point, your not allowed to queue cars up in the pits just like Ferrari did. Must have been the pressue getting to the team as well
Old 06-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

interesting pointer for those who are perplexed over what some of us dislike about Hamilton

it has sweet fa to do with the colour of his skin, but in case anyone still thinks it does

have a look for the interview given by Topsy Ojo after his debut today against the All Blacks

what a refreshing attitude and measured self-appraisal

contrast that with the crassness of most of the interviews given by Hamilton
Old 06-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 14 2008, 09:06 AM

Is luurve clouding your judgement?

I suspect it is
Old 06-15-2008, 01:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Mole,Jun 11 2008, 01:24 AM]Oh dear, I can see embarrasing times ahead.
Im thinking that maybe active suspension will be making a come back sooner than we think.
Picture this, Lewis Hamilton in a maclaren forming on the grid 20 mins before the race with the maclaren bouncing up and down on hydralic suspension with some Snoop Dog on full blast, all the Maclaren crew in ridiculous tracksuits that barely cover their arses, drapped in gold and a load of fit coloured ladies bumpin and a grindin holding the grid number for Lewis, then along comes Max Mosley dressed as Hitler and starts spanking them with the lollipop from the pit stops with Bernie on a lead dressed as a gimp.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by ninjadave,Jun 15 2008, 09:47 AM
Possibly the funniest post I have ever read anywhere ever. Lol
Did anyone see Hamiltons missus out of the pussycat dolls being interviewed in Monaco, my god she is dumb! And that's being nice, he went down in my estimation for that.
Agree, very strange. She looks like his mother and it all seemed so false. Ron Dennis actually looks totally out of place.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 250 Likes on 215 Posts

I don't think that having both cars queue for service in the pits is against the rules? pretty sure I've seen several teams do it on a few occasions. Where's composite guru.?
If Lewis can't get the basics right, like a red light means stop, what hope does he have with the complex stuff like coming up behind cars that don't move over as soon as the "wonder kid" comes up behind them.?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by martin j,Jun 15 2008, 07:54 PM
I don't think that having both cars queue for service in the pits is against the rules? pretty sure I've seen several teams do it on a few occasions. Where's composite guru.?
If Lewis can't get the basics right, like a red light means stop, what hope does he have with the complex stuff like coming up behind cars that don't move over as soon as the "wonder kid" comes up behind them.?
They are not allowed to queue cars in the pits, and Kimi should not have been alongside Kubica waiting to join the race either, but lets not let these petty issues get in the way of the F1 rules, it's Ferrari, so it's within the rules.

Had quite a cringe myself at the LH interviews ... but then I don't judge his driving skills on his personality.