Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

General Bike Whoring

Old 08-10-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
Ron i felt like that till 36 then something changed. I've had more joy out of my lad at 4 than anything else i've ever experienced, he's awesome

Anyway..

The trains are cross town ones so small but prob could fit a bike on but i'm thinking just head back and grab the bike. Possibly B would work

But i think maybe a faster bike would work.. Haha
Well I'm 36 now so we'll see what happens!

The brompton style bikes are very clever and fold up to the size of a laptop bag in about 20 seconds. Yeah you look a bit daft riding them, but who cares.

Door to door for me is a 37 mile commute. On the Gixxer giving it maximum kn0b head I have managed it in 38 minutes. Median time is 45 minutes, but if there is traffic this can easily slow to an hour. Granted in a car it'd be 1hr40 no problem.

On the train I get dropped off by the mrs - 6 minutes. Train is 26 minutes. Walk is 7 minutes. So that's 39 minutes, plus no time getting into/out of gear and no wondering if the f ucktard in the 5 series is going to pull out into you because he's peeling a banana.

That and I also got done last week - not for speeding either!
Old 08-11-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 637 Likes on 554 Posts

Mine is 14km across city

Fastest train is 21 mins direct, some are 25 (one which suits the drop off is this)

Factor in a walk or bike at both ends and its slower than the bike. Then add delays, disease etc. Having said that i do like the down time so might be an option

The issue on the bike being if i get knocked off i'm a contractwhore so recover at my own expense unless i can bill the bastard. Mate broke his arm on cycle recently and been off for weeks!

Car i've done it in 22 mins but typically a lot slower and often over an hour.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:20 PM

Bit of road rage with a chav last night on the commute. I'm the first to admit i can have a short fuse so see what you chaps think. Going down a 2 lane road, 30mph limit but i'm probably doing 40, not much traffic near me. A chav bird in a mini races up to a junction on my road, the near lane is clear and she edges out as i pass. I dont think she could have stopped if i was in that lane as she approached the junc too quick. I shook my head.

Next she's behind me, seat leaned almost horizontal.

Round the corner, again 2 lanes and i'm nearside behind a mundano. An ambulance comes through blues and 2s. Mundano slows to allow it past, so do i. It passes and Mini is now next to me pushing in to my lane. I back off to avoid getting hit. Through the lights i pass and tell her even though she appears vaguely female it wouldnt stop me from punching her in the fcuking face if she does something stupid like that.

On the next bit of road in traffic she is right up my ass then undertakes. Then she gets stuck at the next junction. I punch her wing mirror and invite her to pull over so i can kick her stupid face in.

This is pretty out of character for me but when someone uses their car to try and intimidate it drives me f@#king loopy.

What would you chaps do? I was so close to ripping the door open and punching her but glad i managed to hold off.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:49 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Smile & wave.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All I want to know is was she fit ...
Old 08-27-2016, 02:38 PM

She didnt have a full dental complement

But did have tatoos

Draw your own conclusions
Old 08-27-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
What would you chaps do? I was so close to ripping the door open and punching her but glad i managed to hold off.
Whatever it is you do, don't ever stop and don't deviate your destination.

Since you're on a motorbike, anything a car drivers does, if the police get involved, you were fearing for your life cos you felt vulnerable as you weren't in a car.

Slightly off topic, A woman in a Focus said that to the police about me when I was on my push bike, never got off my push bike and she drove into me.

Anyway, the second you deviate from what you were doing is when bad things happen. If the Police do get called, then you'll get 50 witnesses out of the blue who say you were speeding, they'll be a pregnant woman in the vehicle, and you'll have been drinking.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:28 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

If they were an idiot the first time, assume this is defacto mode of operation and let them carry on their merry way and crash into someone else. As above, do not get involved, ever.

Also be aware that if you have mounted camera and the old bill sieze it as evidence (they are legally allowed to) if there's anything else on that camera that shouldn't be, you might well get your collar felt for that too.

Always wipe them before each journey.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went to halfords the other day and seen these tiny 'abus' bike locks. Thought it would be handy for locking the helmet to the bike, and is so small can keep it under the seat.

Went to a car show today (Retro Rides Gathering) so had a chance to use it. Spent the whole show walking around wondering if the helmet was still going to be there when I got back to the bike!!

TDLR; A picture of my bike

Old 08-29-2016, 02:22 AM

I like your bike but why didnt they use black bolts on the engine?

Quick Reply: General Bike Whoring