Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Nottingham Transport show

Old 06-14-2019, 06:43 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
Now go back and work it out per capita.
Get back somewhere near on topic or go start a thread about it somewhere else - just because you want to debate it to the end of the earth doesn't mean we all need to read it. I can ignore a thread i have no interest in but this is becoming tiresome.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:02 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Indeed.. or muppets

that Lotti was £82k or thereabouts? Albeit a very fast car.. the Alpine is a genuine alternative to Cayman/TT imo, very nice inside, much lower than the aforementioned duo. I struggle to get past an audibly ‘take that’ 4 pot blown motor and maybe i just need to..

The colour didnt flatter either imo but it was primo inside v the Hethel Hulk..

some electric cars there too, all uninspiring. Kias n stuff. I have a monkey on my back saying screw that, first gen will be shit.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
Indeed.. or muppets

that Lotti was £82k or thereabouts? Albeit a very fast car.. the Alpine is a genuine alternative to Cayman/TT imo, very nice inside, much lower than the aforementioned duo. I struggle to get past an audibly ‘take that’ 4 pot blown motor and maybe i just need to..

The colour didnt flatter either imo but it was primo inside v the Hethel Hulk..

some electric cars there too, all uninspiring. Kias n stuff. I have a monkey on my back saying screw that, first gen will be shit.
See this is what i like and loathe about TESLA, there is no previous, there is only here and now. Not held by previous incarnations or tool processes. It also means there is no or lineage or time spent development.

That said, i really really do like the i8 ( guilty pleasure ) but an R8 is now less than 40k which is a relative bargain.

Kia E-Niro gets some cracking reviews and with a 300+ range and < 7s to 60 it's sprightly enoiugh .... it's just utterly depressingly boring.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by unclefester
See this is what i like and loathe about TESLA, there is no previous, there is only here and now. Not held by previous incarnations or tool processes. It also means there is no or lineage or time spent development.

That said, i really really do like the i8 ( guilty pleasure ) but an R8 is now less than 40k which is a relative bargain.

Kia E-Niro gets some cracking reviews and with a 300+ range and < 7s to 60 it's sprightly enoiugh .... it's just utterly depressingly boring.
my thoughts exactly brah.. i believe that is the speeeeeling

r8 sound wins. but heavy. i8 carbon wins.. errr

basically flumoxed. and i dont read the mail. like eva..init
Old 06-14-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
my thoughts exactly brah.. i believe that is the speeeeeling

r8 sound wins. but heavy. i8 carbon wins.. errr

basically flumoxed. and i dont read the mail. like eva..init
All that said, we got overtaken by a Mustang with what sounded like a charger and fairly lairy set of pipes - i swear it made the air vibrate.

Buy something that does that before there are laws that say NO - we're ****ed anyway.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:24 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester

Client of mine - he runs a garage - has a Leaf as a family hack and reckons it's brilliant and very much the future.

It's of utterly no interest to us lot, though. Honda Es are good is almost as much as a Civic Type-Rice.

Rather have that Sonnet, personally...I'm odd.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:41 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Damn fast they can be though. There are not many cars that out accelerate an MT09. A Tesla did.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:50 AM

the Mustang would be an amusing family car but ultimately i doubt the ride would mean we ever used it. The M3 sits there (too harsh) while i am forced to drive the kumkwat

equally i have no desire to splurge the money for a Tesla (i share Unc's concerns about pedigree, the early ones have lots of expensive weak points and who the **** in Shottingham will fix that?) regardless of it's ability to outdrag JML , that's like it being able to sing like Adele.. of very little interest as its not a drivers car i'm after, just somert comfortable and not obselete.

i think c200-250bhp is sufficient in the family car assuming it's not heavier than the Titanic.

Honda E is not suited, cant go far and too small for long journeys anyway.. plus it's c£40k, the numbers, they say you should ignore them, dont stack up. and i am a Honda slut. it is rear wheel drive though

Leaf.. well the kumkwat is a bad car to my mind, poor engineering and crude. it's suspension knocks more than a postman on speed. so i am wary of Nissan, it's the first i've had and while totally reliable and well equipped, cheap to run etc i dislike it very, very much.. but Leaf still tops the list, it's big enough, it has range, there is a dealer, its not too fast blah blah..

20inch wheels on a type R rule it out .. eventually i hope to end up with 2 x S2000s and one other family car, the kumkwat crushed to make a toilet seat and the BM sold to a dealer friend (narcotics, not cars).. and two bikes which do all the hard work
Old 06-15-2019, 11:15 PM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Might buy a Mercedes classe v as a family car in the near future.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:21 PM

You can buy an AMG E63 6.3 NA V8 nutter bastard for < 24k. There's practical smoking family transport if ever there was one. I can see why you'd buy an EV if you lived inside the ULEZ zone ( still can't believe they called it that ). No one is going to subsidise an EV that a private buyer purchases for leisure miles so until the price falls into line or they price petrol / petrol cars significantly higher the take up will be as slow as it currently is.

It would take legislation to prise me out of the Fiesta or off the motorbike.

Quick Reply: Nottingham Transport show