Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk
View Poll Results: Should Vettel be stripped of 2012 World Driver's Championship for passing under yellows?
Yes
68.42%
No (its okay to let cheats prosper) and lets give Lance his crown back LOL
31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Should Vettel be stripped of his World championship for illegal pass under yellow flag

Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 AM
ge2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is close but from that video I'd say that was a reasonable overtake and he shouldn't be penalised.

It would be better to see exactly what he sees.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm over the cheating twerp winning now, so roll on next seasons shenanegans!

I'm only voting because you mentioned Lance
His achievements should not be taken away from him; everyone was at it [doping] at the time so he won fair and square
Old 11-29-2012, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
Webber at some point was assisting him... But.....the expert knowledge though of the Red Bull team, the sharp eye of Horner and Newey knowing exactly what was going on at any one time, one if them will likely have spotted this way before the nerd on YouTube did, and probably during the race. A hidden gamble from Red Bull perhaps if it was so, hoping it'll get unnoticed?
If I remember correctly it was pointed out shortly after the incident by the SKY Commentating team about the possibility of a yellow flag pass. Cannot see the video posted. There was ample opportunity for Red Bull to respond at that point. I would be supprised if the HQ did not have somebody checking on the TV footage to see if any issues arrised that they did not pick up on at track side. And if they knew about an infraction and ignored it hoping it would go away then that makes them look pretty stupid as a team considering the stakes riding on that race.

Could this then get messy with Red Bull trying to find some infraction by Alonso in all the seasons previous races should a result change go ahead
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 AM

Received 129 Likes on 112 Posts

I think after thinking about this, there would be a more ferocious challenge from Ferrari and im sure they themselves have the technology to slow that footage down, exposing a waved green flag from the marshalls booth. It is far too blurred to make it out, whether one was being waved at all. But there was certainly no yellow flag.

I take it all back Seb, you're the champ.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by planetf1
There was some debate in the wake of the grand prix as to whether Vettel had overtaken Jean-Eric Vergne under yellow boards as video footage appeared to show this with the German completing the move before he passes a green boards.

In the immediate aftermath Sky F1 pundit Martin Brundle reported that he had "spoken to Gary Connolly, one of the race stewards, and he has absolutely confirmed that they were red-and-yellow boards" and not yellow ones.
The stewards have already looked at it.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starlight
If I remember correctly it was pointed out shortly after the incident by the SKY Commentating team about the possibility of a yellow flag pass.
That was a completely different incident. In fact, there seem to be three examples that looked like Vettel may have overtaken over yellows, but fortunately/unfortunately depending on your point of view, it looks like he's in the clear.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I couldn't think of anything worse than Alonso winning the title. Plus it would be an absolute damp squid now!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:36 AM

Bit of a pointless poll now really.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RevRanger
I couldn't think of anything worse than Alonso winning the title. Plus it would be an absolute damp squid now!
Aren't all squids damp?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi
Originally Posted by RevRanger' timestamp='1354192503' post='22178903
Aren't all squids damp? />
Not if they've been left out in the sun

Quick Reply: Should Vettel be stripped of his World championship for illegal pass under yellow flag