Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates

Old 06-02-2014, 04:52 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Video from the last session on Sunday.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLCL-Ctm1KE[/media]
Old 06-03-2014, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your lines have gotten a LOT better since the last video you posted in April. The way you tied turns 11 and 12 (oak tree) together was excellent. That's a tricky spot to manage trail braking, turning, and the downshift to 2nd, all while staying on line for the most important turn on the track. Nice work!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:25 AM

Awesome laps. Watching just gets me excited for VIR in 3 weeks. Im hoping you get moved up to blue at VIR in a few weeks so we can go out and follow each other a few times. What happened at the end when you just pulled off?
Old 06-03-2014, 05:45 AM

Bobby - thanks for the feedback, the 11-12 complex is now way more enjoyable. My instructor had me try several different lines and shift points. Not sure which were specifically faster but in total I was a good deal quicker so I'll take it.

Pete - I ended the March event cleared for Intermediate Solo, signed up for Intermediate Solo, but Mark put me in regular Solo. I'll ask for another check ride early so I can run open passing.

Without 200lbs of instructor in the right seat I started hitting 6th on the back straight, which took my top speed there from 125 to 131 (GPS) and didn't back up the braking point enough. I could probably have saved it but the car was already sliding when braking after the 1 from 125, so I just straightened up for maximum braking traction. Really didn't want to try and bend it in under braking and spin through the traffic in front of me. No damage to the car, just some grass, dust, and a John Deere sticker from race control!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:39 AM

I thought I saw you shifting to 6th there a couple of times. I started doing that last time as well. It makes a big difference when you have to brake even though its only few miles an hr faster. The first few times I did I wasn't sure where to downshift to but settled on 4th then 3rd before turn in for 14. You did the right think though taking it off in a controlled safe manner. I went into turn 10 too fast one time before they added the extra run off on right. the more I replay that I wish I would have just went off and not tried to keep it on track.

Hopefully they will give you a quick checkout. I think they also put my buddy in reg solo but now he was moved up. He might have emailed reminding them of his checkout so that might be worth considering to save you from having to do that when you get there.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:28 AM

Pretty epic top speed considering that's right around what I was hitting in my Boss 302 (with 444hp).
Old 06-05-2014, 08:17 AM

Added Friday 7/11 with Rezoom, that when combined with the TrackDaze event Saturday and Sunday makes it 3 straight days on track. I see Chris registered as well, along with another guy who I don't think is on here.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Added Friday 7/11 with Rezoom, that when combined with the TrackDaze event Saturday and Sunday makes it 3 straight days on track. I see Chris registered as well, along with another guy who I don't think is on here.
Yep I'm looking forward to it. It'll be my second track day and first time doing an HPDE on full course.

Haven't done a thing to the car besides fluid flushes. Looking forward to seeing you there Stephen.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice driving man, I haven't been to VIR yet but maybe one day, looks like a blast. Just got bumped up out of the novice class at CMP for their annual event in October. New helmet on the way as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:41 PM

CMP this weekend, shouldn't have even taken the car off the trailer.

Quick Reply: Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates