Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Official 2004 Spring Zaino Clinic Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S2, I am so sorry to hear about that. I just can't imagine why people like running into S2000's so much.
Thanks to Anu for getting the meet started, Ron and Sheila for hosting, Steve for his expertise, and everybody who showed up. Loren Koski probably does not read this but thanks to him also. Without his generosity the Zaino clinic would not have been possible. I had a terrific time. As for my New Bern and Wilmington friends. I really was wanting to see you all. I hope each of you get some rest and feel better soon.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:54 PM

S2, Sorry to read about your accident. Hope you're okay! That is really a bummer.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:08 AM

S2...man, that really hurts. Please keep us updated on the progress of your s2k and if you need a ride anywhere please let me know.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:28 PM

thx everyone..i'm ok..my neck and back hurt a little but i think i will be ok. feel sorry for my gf who got burn from the air bag on her forhead..going to leave a mark i think..i feel so bad...

been going to see the doc everyday..
i'm driving a Buick Le Sabre for now..very comfortable for my back...
man those panic killer and muscle relax med really work..
Old 06-08-2004, 03:53 PM

hey guys,

i just wanted to thank everyone for coming out for the clinic and making it a big sucess. A very speacial thanx to Mr. Steve Trece and the guys at Import Paint for being able to arrange and assist with the event as well as provide such an excellent building for the venue. I will be going to down to IMport Paint and BOdy later this week to thank Loren (owner) for helping us out. Furthermore, a big hand and huge thanx for my S2k uncle and aunt, Sheila and Ron, for holding the BIG DECK party. Hopefully, I will be able to help arrange the next Zaino CLinic during the winter stages of this year.

As for S2racing....DAYYUMM!!! WTF MAN!!! How the hell did that happen? I am soooo sorry to hear that bro and I hope everything is ok. If the car is totalled, and as sadistic a thing to say, you might want to wish it is, so that insurance would give you full claim and that should cover the cost of a new S or at least the minimum a used MY03. BUt yea, thank god you and your girlfriend are ok because car parts can be replaced...body parts cant. What kind of car hit you and at what speed? Are you going to take the car to IMport Paint and BOdy to get repaired (remember they are even trusted with a GT3)? Either way, I hope everything works out for you.

-anu

P.S- Oh yea, special thanks to my gf Sheena for getting me the Zaino kit as my X-mas gift this past year.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:10 PM

i'm was just parking at a red light and saw this Lincoln towncar coming really fast at hit before i got the chance to shift gear go move out..BAAAMM... he hit me and i hit the car in front of me and then he hit a car in front of him..
the Licoln driver was unconscious coming at me like 50mph....
it was an old man with some kind of health problem i think..(according to the hw patrol)
only reason why his car stop because he crashed into KFC fence..
scare the sh@t out of me!!!

and yall won't believe this.
with all the people that i talk to (medic, doc, lawyer, nurse, insurance people and other) NO ONE knew what a honda S2000 is
is the S that rare???
Old 06-09-2004, 08:22 AM

OMG...I hope you are ok s2racing. Cars and other material things can be replaced or lived without. You and your gf's health is the most important thing. I remember getting rear ended about 8 years ago in LA by a porshe 911. I saw him in my rearview mirror and he kept on coming and coming. I could even see the guy talking on his damn cell phone. All I could do was brace myself. I came out ok. No major injuries. The guy was very apologetic, paid for a new bumper and tailights, and got me a rental car.

I believe Honda sells 6000 S2000's a year?
Old 06-09-2004, 09:09 AM

6000 S2s a year. If you figure NC to be an average state, that's 120 S2s in our state per year. They've been sold for 5 years, so that's roughly 600 sold. That's really not many if you think about it! And if you factor in a few dozen that have been wrecked etc (sorry s2!), it's even less.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

s2racing, I HATE to hear this, but so glad you and your lady are OK. At least you baby's going to the "doctor" all shiny and pretty; kind of the equivalent of having on clean underwear, huh?

Keep us posted (start a new thread) on where she is and how the repairs go. Good luck!