Carolinas A Better Place to Be

S2Ki Carolinas Auto-X Challenge

Old 02-21-2010, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down S2Ki Carolinas Auto-X Challenge

Hello Carolina's S2Ki!!!

I will be doing some autocrossing this year. Although S2000's are very good for the sport, not many owners around the Raleigh area auto-x their cars. And the few who do, not always do it with the same club.

I would like to create a "league" in which S2000 owners who autocross can measure-up against other S2000 owners when they compete in different courses. Since SCCA classification already compensates for modifications (and we all know how particular they are about classes) and they have the PAX system to ensure even competition, it would be a matter of finding a way to use the PAX system to compensate for course length discrepancies (I am working on it - really close to something that might work).

Before I keep fiddling with the numbers, I would like to know if anyone is interested.

List:
1. PJCC (Pedro)
2. CobraTi
3. jjparker
4. krshultz
5. VFROOOM
6. nickp
7. scoobync
8. 02slos2k

Disclaimers:
This thread is intended to get a head-count, not to figure it all out. That will be done in the "Rules discussion" thread.

Please keep posts IN Topic. If you don't like the idea or think it'll never work, let me find about it the hard way.

Thank you.

Pedro
Old 02-21-2010, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to try some autocrossing this year as well, but I don't know any rules at all. All I know is, according to Karl, I can't be in the "stock" class because my fenders are rolled. I am definately going to some to watch and hopefully learn more about it.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:39 PM

I'm in, for whatever this entails. I normally run with Triad but occasionally make it to some Tarheel events (usually Sanford or Danville events. . .Laurinburg is a haul).

With the recent class addition of STR, I'd imagine a good number of those in the area that haven't been involved with autocross would be in that class if they've done any modifications to their cars. It allows changes in wheels and suspension and only allows the use of 140 or higher treadware tires.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:48 PM

I'm very interested so count me in. I travel a bunch so not sure how many events I can make but I am interested in doing this.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:54 PM

I'm in.

Rich - don't worry about your fenders. Since yours is lowered, it's not stock class legal anyway.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:09 PM

RichV - get on it. You WILL like it.

CobraTi - I'm trying to figure out a way of making it club-independent. I will PM you all more details soon. If everyone thinks it makes sense, I'll start a "Rules discussion" thread.

jjparker - The final results should be independent of how many autocrosses you run. Although I am thinking of requiring a minimum number (maybe 3) of events each racer must run for the season.

krshultz -
Old 02-22-2010, 04:56 AM

Interested,

However, I'd likely limit my participation to NC SCCA Region and a few select SC Region SCCA events.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by VFROOOM,Feb 22 2010, 09:56 AM
Interested,

However, I'd likely limit my participation to NC SCCA Region and a few select SC Region SCCA events.
Sure. You go to any autocrosses you want, wherever you want. That's the point of this whole thing.

Right now there are 5 racers interested and 1 on the fence. I am done with a preliminary set of "rules" and "regulations". A discussion thread is on the works.

Another thing is that this will not be limited to S2000's. All makes and models are welcome.

Pedro
Old 02-22-2010, 08:42 AM

Discussion thread -> https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=48&t=767940
Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 AM

count me in depending on price and dates ill be attending a good bit of track days this year

Quick Reply: S2Ki Carolinas Auto-X Challenge