Carolinas A Better Place to Be

soft top speed sensor bypass

Old 07-20-2005, 03:49 AM

Received 1,295 Likes on 789 Posts

sensor bypass

You will not see it. It's about 8mm down inside the hole. There's one for each wire.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

?

So I will assume its the "bottom" side and about 8mm down inside the hole.

thanx billman!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 1,295 Likes on 789 Posts

means I got a corner (50th post)

you will be inserting the tool in the open side (the side that plugs into the top module) for the one wire you are disconnecting. You'll feel the screwdriver stop, you've hit the tab. Now use a little pressure, and push it away from the terminal (towards the outside of the whole connector) pull on the white wire from the other side and it will slide out with ease.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:17 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by billman250,Jul 20 2005, 08:34 AM
means I got a corner (50th post)

you will be inserting the tool in the open side (the side that plugs into the top module) for the one wire you are disconnecting. You'll feel the screwdriver stop, you've hit the tab. Now use a little pressure, and push it away from the terminal (towards the outside of the whole connector) pull on the white wire from the other side and it will slide out with ease.
thanx billman, I finally did it!!!! it slided out with ease too!!!

you made my day! thanx again for all the help, your the man!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:38 AM

I'd like to add that the procedure outlined by spyhunter is right on the money. I did it as he described to my '05 S2k and I can lower or raise the top with the vehicle in motion and without having to pull the handbrake. The handbrake indicator lamp on the dash works normally.

Thanks spyhunter!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:17 PM

Your welcome, big Thanks to SC_Highlander for all of the info as well!

I'm still relieved that it went so well! It is so much fun to open the top after rolling out and closing it before parking so everyone can see the transformation!

SH
Old 08-07-2005, 01:15 PM

SC_Highlander dude i was drivin near thornblade down by sugar creek in greenville and i think you flew up on me but i never could catch up got caught in the light. anyway if that was you man we need to get together and talk mods and cruise. im bone stock right now but im lookin to go all motor. by the way if you know what the limits to our warrantys are as far as modding let me know. thanks-Honky
Old 08-25-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump.....
all of the above photos were shamelessy stolen from Modifry's website: http://www.baustnet.com/honda/mods/

Not Found

The requested URL /honda/index.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.baustnet.com Port 80
Old 10-08-2005, 12:41 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spyhunter,Jul 15 2005, 02:14 AM
Ok guys, I have big news about this thread, because I have done this mod now, and I can tell you that what ruexp67 said about cutting the green/white wire is valid, the BRAKE light in the cluster will still operate normally this way.

When you ground the remaining wire going into the soft top controller, you are telling it that the e-brake is always on, but the rest of the car does not know that when the wire is cut. So there is no need for a switch or anything like that.

To recap, you cut the green/white wire and ground the part going into the soft top controller (there are 2 black ground wires conveniently on the same plug that you can tap it into). The part that is going back into the car, you just let hang, or insulate if you feel necessary. As long as this part is not grounded the BRAKE light will not stay on, yet works as usual with the pulling of the e-brake.

This is a relief to me, because one clicking the e-brake and/or installing a switch was too much for me, I was prepared to lose the functionality of the BRAKE light in the cluster just to have this mod fully work, but am overjoyed that it works with no adverse affects...

It was painful to cut into my new '05s wiring, but I feel it was for a worthy cause, I don't ever forsee wanting such a silly protection feature, nor think anybody purchasing my car in the future would miss either... I did attempt to remove the wires from the plugs, but gave up, especially considering I needed to leave the e-brake wire in the plug in order to ground it after cutting it.

I considered asking a dealership to help me remove the wires, but I can just imagine that discussion... "You want to what??", and I can even imagine them not being allowed to circumvent any type of protections on the cars they service anyway...

So there you have it! I'd like to Thank the people that started this thread, and hope many others of you find my information useful in performing this mod...

SH
Which would be the remaining wire that goes into the soft-top contoller that would need to be grounded? I have already removed the black/white-stripe wire from the harness.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 PM

Spyhunter,

Did you ever get clarification for me as to which wire it is that needs to be grounded?

Quick Reply: soft top speed sensor bypass