Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Supercharger Prep - AP1

Old 01-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Well made a HUGE step forward tonight.

I visited CNC Speed Shop this weekend to get a little welding done and got the bung installed for the oil return line. With this now done I was free to put the chain cover and oil pan BACK ON! This scares the pants off of me because I have never done it and it holds in the life blood of the car. I saw it oozing out of the sides so I am sure that I used enough but not TO MUCH.

The hope is to keep this going and get a bunch more stuff re-installed and done so I can finally see the end of the tunnel and maybe start her up in a week or two!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Community Organizer

I probably need to take a picture for posterity sake! Though it really isn't all that different than before!(or stock). I got the AC Compressor back in, alternator, and the valve cover(brand new '06 version) installed. Took the opportunity to paint the allen and valve cover bolts.

Next up on the docket is to paint the UK mod to make sure it never rusts, paint the Spoon X-Brace and re-install those and get it all buttoned up on the underside.

It's really coming together quickly now but of course the wife wants her project worked on too. Building an enclosure to the Washer/Dryer with a little coat rack for the 5 yr old and shoe rack on the end. Yeah I am a sucker for doing things myself and having fun doing it. Really doing that to ensure that I can go to the Dragon in April without any regrets of leaving her with the kid for a few days.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh you did the UK Mod? I wish I could hear it in person. It'll probably sound a bit different with the SC on than it would on mine.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 PM
Community Organizer

I will be running N/A for a bit(likely the whole summer) before I go SC.

More progress made tonight. Put the valve cover back on, spark plugs back in, tweaked the wiring and such in that area, re-pinned the K-Pro harness.

Tomorrow I should be re-installing the exhaust, getting the new ECU installed, pulling front bumper to get rid of the air pump. Need to pickup some vacuum tube caps for the intake and some oil for the engine. Gotta fill up diff/tranny with fluids, get the intake re-installed and double check everything!

Since I had some cable ends not being used any longer I filled the connector ends with dielectric grease and wrapped with electrical tape. Then tucked them away best I could to keep it hidden and looking nice.

I am re-counting everything in my head to make sure it's all DONE. The super scary time is coming very quickly now!(the startup)
Old 01-25-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pinky
I will be running N/A for a bit(likely the whole summer) before I go SC.

More progress made tonight. Put the valve cover back on, spark plugs back in, tweaked the wiring and such in that area, re-pinned the K-Pro harness.

Tomorrow I should be re-installing the exhaust, getting the new ECU installed, pulling front bumper to get rid of the air pump. Need to pickup some vacuum tube caps for the intake and some oil for the engine. Gotta fill up diff/tranny with fluids, get the intake re-installed and double check everything!

Since I had some cable ends not being used any longer I filled the connector ends with dielectric grease and wrapped with electrical tape. Then tucked them away best I could to keep it hidden and looking nice.

I am re-counting everything in my head to make sure it's all DONE. The super scary time is coming very quickly now!(the startup)
I'll definitely need to meet up with you sometime to hear the result. Where did you have it done?
Old 01-28-2015, 05:23 AM
Community Organizer

Not a HUGE update but more of a progress update.

UK MODded exhaust is on the car and bolted up, Diff(Redline), Tranny(Honda MTF), Engine(Some synthetic blend sh*t), plugged the Vacuum hole left after disconnecting, bypassed TB with new coolant line as I removed that crazy S shaped contraption setup.

So what's next? Not a whole lot before I can start her up! Just have to burp the coolant system, swap ECU's, re-install the battery & intake. Double check to make sure everything that was on the bench is now BACK in the car and that I have torqued everything down. Boot up the ECU, upload new software and pull down the AP1 Baseline Map setup.

Once that is all done I then get to scare the hell out of myself and turn the car over and PRAY that I don't hear anything go POP/BANG/BOOM and that it actually STARTS! If it runs I will probably leave it up on blocks for a bit while I scrub wheels, silicone spray EVERYTHING and do some engine bay cleaning.....then get her back on the ground and drive it around.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Community Organizer

AND IT LIVES!!!

I tried to just get it to turn over a couple times to prime the oil and it just turned over instead! I wasn't going to say no.

So it's uploaded with the base NA tune map. Have more checking to do on if that's ok to zip on or if I really need to get to a tuner.

The UK mod is definitely got some bark to it!

Just in absolute awe the it's actually running.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Community Organizer

Holy Hell the projects don't stop!!!

So in poking around I noticed: Blown Tweeter(not a fun job as I put them in the air vents), still have to swap speakers in doors, front bumper is off and sanded down a little in prep for touchup painting, bushings are blown on the lower A-Arm(going to replace them all).

So I might be getting my Swift-Spec R springs sooner than later if I am going to rip off the whole suspension off no better time to do it I guess.

Go big or go big I guess. Looks like she won't be getting on the road soon as I had hoped and definitely pushing out the SC build till next winter.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pinky
Holy Hell the projects don't stop!!!

So in poking around I noticed: Blown Tweeter(not a fun job as I put them in the air vents), still have to swap speakers in doors, front bumper is off and sanded down a little in prep for touchup painting, bushings are blown on the lower A-Arm(going to replace them all).

So I might be getting my Swift-Spec R springs sooner than later if I am going to rip off the whole suspension off no better time to do it I guess.

Go big or go big I guess. Looks like she won't be getting on the road soon as I had hoped and definitely pushing out the SC build till next winter.
If your replacing all the bushings, I'm currently having scch make a spherical bearing setup. Front upper/lower and rear upper.
They replace rubber bushings so you have less deflection during cornering. Once they go bad you just remove a snap ring and press in a new 20$ bearing. I'm also planning on having my arms powder coated, if you want in on the bearings or coating pm me.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Community Organizer

Well the car rolls..........pulled it out of the garage to scrub down the brakes/suspension and wheel wells. Then rolled it back into the garage under its own power.

I still need to spray down one of the wheel wells with the rubber undercoating for protection as for some reason........just the passenger side was flaking off.

Side note: Stereo got a little bit of an overhaul......well let's just say "refreshed". I had 2 sets of tweeters and woofers that I had in a prior car to the S2000(so what 17ish years old now) well the surrounds went on both sets of woofers. Luckily I was able to install fresh rubber surrounds and as mentioned above a tweeter went out too so I pulled those out and replaced with the spare set I had sitting in a box. Sounds good now. Had to make new speaker plates as the old ones rotted away and had to toss those.

Waiting to get the bushings ordered but hopefully soon I will be able to get the bumper painted a bit and back on the car so she can really get on the road.

Ole girl should run like a top! Sometime before the dragon I will break out the compression tester and make sure all is still well.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Prep - AP1