Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CA – 2008 GPW S2000, $31,000, Stock Unmodified (Approx. 30K miles)

Old 06-15-2018, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA – 2008 GPW S2000, $31,000, Stock Unmodified (Approx. 30K miles)

Name: Russ
Price: $31,000

*****NOTE: OEM HARDTOP IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS FOR SALE OFFERING.

With a heavy heart, I’ve decided to offer for sale my 2008 S2000 in the very rare and coveted color combination of Grand Prix White with Red/Black interior. Mileage currently sits at 30,173 and will not go up significantly as I sparingly drive it on special occasions only. I am only the second owner of this fine piece of Honda engineering (the Carfax will show 3 owners but that is because the 1st owner (husband/wife co-owners) purchased the vehicle after leasing it; thus, owner 1 and 2 on the Carfax are the same). I acquired it in March of 2016, so I’ve owned it for a little over two years. The car has a clean title with no history of any accidents.

The car is in factory stock form – the only exception being the windshield, which was replaced by Safelite glass by the prior owner. It has always been stock (as opposed to modded and returned to stock). I am in my late 40's, and I would say that the prior owner (actually, co-owned by husband and wife) was about a decade older than I am. I say this in an attempt to demonstrate that both owners of this vehicle were mature and responsible drivers. In fact, the tires that are currently on the vehicle are the original Bridgestone Potenza RE050's that came from the factory, suggesting that the vehicle has been gently and respectfully driven. Although the tires have serviceable tread remaining, I am including a brand new set of unmounted Continental Extreme Contact tires in CR specs: 215/45/R17 (Front), 255/40/R17 (Rear). The factory AP2v3 wheels are in great condition, with the exception of one rear wheel, which has a mild abrasion (see photos). This would be an easy repair to have it restored to factory new.

There has been no paintwork whatsoever. All painted surfaces are 100% original from the factory paint, and all 10 VIN stickers/plates are intact. As with any car of this age and mileage, there are some very minor imperfections in the factory paint from rock chips and the like. I would rate the exterior a 9.5/10 and the interior also a 9.5/10. I realize that this rating is subjective, so I would encourage you to make an appointment with me to inspect the car in-person. I think the pictures that I’ve posted speak for themselves with respect to the car’s overall condition.

Once again, the OEM hardtop WILL NOT be included with the sale. Since most of the photos I’ve shown include the hardtop, I’ve included a photo of the soft-top just prior to my purchasing it. It was in excellent condition (no tears or signs of excessive wear or fading) and has been covered by the OEM hardtop for most of the time I’ve owned it, so I imagine it is still in the same condition. Its condition is basically consistent with the rest of the car. Once I get some help removing the hardtop (not a one-person job), I will try to post some more pictures of the soft top.

Overall, the car is pretty much like a new vehicle cosmetically and mechanically. But again, this is just my opinion; and as we all know, opinions do vary.

Aside from the tires (which is addressed with the new tires I will be including), I am unaware of any maintenance that is needed at this time. I had the differential fluid changed and valves adjusted within the last couple hundred miles. And, I will have the car serviced with a fresh premium-grade oil change before it goes to the new owner.

I have the Title (no liens), so the transaction should be easy. If you’re a serious buyer with funds in place, please feel free to reach out. I will not be able to show the vehicle until after June 27th, but please feel free to ask me questions that you may have in the meantime.

Included in the sale will be: all factory manuals and original window sticker; two (2) factory keys with fobs; one (1) factory valet key; soft tonneau cover/boot; whatever service records were given to me by the prior owner; any service records during my period of ownership; set of brand new Continental Extreme Contact tires as described above; Honda OEM front license plate hole covers in GPW.

Please be serious when contacting me, and know that I am not in any rush to sell. I am having a very difficult time letting go of this car because I only see it appreciating in value over time; particularly because of the rarity and limited production numbers for the model year and color. And, of course, because it makes me giddy and brings a grin from ear-to-ear every time I drive it (or even stand back to look at it).

Last edited by russ2k; 06-15-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:28 PM

Old 06-15-2018, 10:09 PM

Here are a couple photos showing the soft top right before I purchased it. It has been tucked under a factory hardtop pretty much ever since, so it should be in the same condition.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Commenting on the price isn't allowed.

OP - GLWS
The following users liked this post:
russ2k (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by ssbfgc
Commenting on the price isn't allowed.

OP - GLWS
I’d take commenting as bashing someone. I’m simply asking an honest question; not trying to patronize in any way.

As stated above I’m actually super interested in this car. I’m hoping the OP is flexible on the price as I’d be interested in making a deal.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by S2kys

I’d take commenting as bashing someone. I’m simply asking an honest question; not trying to patronize in any way.

As stated above I’m actually super interested in this car. I’m hoping the OP is flexible on the price as I’d be interested in making a deal.
S2kys – First off, welcome to S2Ki. Since you’ve only been on these boards for about a week now, I would like to politely point out that there is a bit of etiquette and courtesy to follow. One forum rule has already been pointed out, which is that comments pertaining to pricing on someone else's "for sale" thread are not allowed. So, while you've indicated that you are simply “asking an honest question”, you are in fact, commenting on the price – at least in the context that you used on my for sale thread.

I would also like to suggest that you re-read all of your own previous posts that you’ve made on S2Ki this past week to help you “understand the pricing trends”. Then, supplement this with further research specific to the GPW/Red combination that you seek. Color does matter. Region/Location of car does matter. Clean Carfax and accident history do matter. Just to let you know, I did not just pull my asking price out of the sky. A gentlemen in this area had an S2000 of the same, year, color and overall condition listed here locally on CL earlier this year. I took his phone number, since I was curious as to what he’d ultimately sell it for. When I saw that the post was “deleted by author”, I texted him. He told me that he sold it for $31,500 (His asking was $32K). So, what I am trying to say is that what happening in Connecticut may not be what’s happening in the Southern California market.

Now, as to your references to KBB, if KBB was the end-all-be-all, I’d be driving a 2008 S2000 CR in GPW with 6,500 miles for a “KBB Private Party Range of $30,688 - $33,451” (I did this at KBB.com out of curiosity just today). Or perhaps, an NSX.

If you like, I’d be more than happy to exchange private messages with you on the subject. This thread is not the proper place, with all due respect. This is the first time I’ve sold anything on the forums. What I have discovered is that people that are actually serious about purchasing contact through PM or E-mail. I’ve already had several members contact me through e-mail -- some with serious offers near my asking price. I am not in a rush to sell – and if is doesn’t, I’ll just hold on to it. Regardless, good luck with your search.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:26 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

I’m not entirely sure how much I need to post before it will let me PM, kind of annoying. Thanks for the info. I guess a pristine lower-mileage s2k isn’t going to be my cup of tea simply because I’m going to supercharge it and beat the hell out of it. I’ve set what I thought was a pretty good sum for a good condition s2k, but outside of the realm of this one apparently.

Apologies for the previous comments, wasn’t trying to break any rules. Im under the impression when something is for sale that discussing price is kind of a logical topic, but on the other hand for the sake of keeping threads clean I understand. It also wouldn’t help that it I bought this thing I’d probably be looking at a 2k transportation bill on top of that...
Old 06-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Removed a few posts.

Originally Posted by Saki GT
As a new guest on the forums, you will have a short time probation period with limited use of the system's features. Private messages (PMs) and profile access are disabled for two weeks to discourage spammers. If you sign up as a member, there is no time restriction.
Originally Posted by HondaGal
7. Negative comments about a person or their parts will be edited/deleted; this includes "helpful" pricing advice. If you have evidence that the seller is a con artist or a bad seller, PM a For Sale moderator and they will take the appropriate action.
russ2k (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 10:16 PM

Someone asked for pictures of the trunk and console, so here they are.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, unmolested and rare color combo.. a true gem
russ2k (06-20-2018)

Quick Reply: CA – 2008 GPW S2000, $31,000, Stock Unmodified (Approx. 30K miles)