The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Anne Marie (Mrs. Raptor) has COViD.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:47 AM

Received 1,199 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Variation BA.5 is a real jerk.
What does that mean? I’m still sick. All I want to do is sleep. I just slept for 14 hours. I’m going to urgent care to test for COVID this morning.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:29 AM

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Anne Marie said you tested negative the other day but I told her to re test @ home in a few days if you started having the soar throat etc...
Old 08-15-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Originally Posted by rrounds
Ask about Paxlovid and Monoclonal Antibodies treatment.

Rod

Did your doctor suggest these RB? Should help her if she started at the onset.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:21 PM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecmom
Did your doctor suggest these RB? Should help her if she started at the onset.
Take a look at https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/possible...tions-covid-19
Cindy got pre treatment that is called Evusheld and she got into a clinical trial with a new monoclonal antibody that is suppose to keep her from getting covid.

"Symptoms for 5 days or less"
Paxlovid: This medication is taken by mouth (as a pill) to treat mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19. It must be given within 5 days after the first symptoms of COVID-19 appear. Paxlovid is for adults and children who are 12 years of age and older, weighing at least 88 pounds. Paxlovid may interfere with hormonal contraceptives (such as pills, an implant, an intrauterine device [IUD], injections, vaginal rings, and skin patches), so other contraceptive methods are advised. Paxlovid is not recommended for people with serious kidney or liver disease.

Their is also medication that can be started within 7 days of the start of symptoms.

Rod
Old 08-15-2022, 04:08 PM

Received 1,199 Likes on 924 Posts
Default COVID

I don’t have COVID. Something else is wrong with me. If I don’t feel better tomorrow I’m going to emergency. The Urgent Care doctor thinks it’s something else.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:57 PM

Received 3,406 Likes on 2,465 Posts

We came home from vacation a few days ago, and this weekend I just wanted to sleep, I felt very tired. It isn't Covid as I had it before, it just felt like I caught a bug and I was very tired for a couple days, just starting to get better now.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:04 PM

Received 1,549 Likes on 1,425 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
What does that mean? I’m still sick. All I want to do is sleep. I just slept for 14 hours. I’m going to urgent care to test for COVID this morning.
COVID Omicron variation BA.5 is mercurial. Even folks who are fully vaxxed may experience fatigue (like your situation), or the headache/cough or light versions of the “old” COVID symptoms. The thing that makes it a real jerk is that some folks who are fully vaxxed get severe symptoms (perhaps like you) and test positive, while other folks have symptoms and test negative. . . While yet other folks feel nothing, and thusly don’t test. . . But are still carrying the damn thing.

Joy got either BA.4 or BA.5 in Kauai. 10 days of quarantine, and I quarantining with her, and she was positive the first 3-4 days, and I was free and clear the entire time on 5 different tests. I may not have gotten it. . . But I also may have had it and been 100% asymptomatic. Luckily, I didn’t go out, but I’m sure plenty of folks in my situation would have. . . And spread it.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Raptor
I don’t have COVID. Something else is wrong with me. If I don’t feel better tomorrow I’m going to emergency. The Urgent Care doctor thinks it’s something else.
Better safe than sorry George. Good call going in if you don’t turn the corner tomorrow. Hang in there, man.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:20 AM

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
COVID Omicron variation BA.5 is mercurial. Even folks who are fully vaxxed may experience fatigue (like your situation), or the headache/cough or light versions of the “old” COVID symptoms. The thing that makes it a real jerk is that some folks who are fully vaxxed get severe symptoms (perhaps like you) and test positive, while other folks have symptoms and test negative. . . While yet other folks feel nothing, and thusly don’t test. . . But are still carrying the damn thing.

Joy got either BA.4 or BA.5 in Kauai. 10 days of quarantine, and I quarantining with her, and she was positive the first 3-4 days, and I was free and clear the entire time on 5 different tests. I may not have gotten it. . . But I also may have had it and been 100% asymptomatic. Luckily, I didn’t go out, but I’m sure plenty of folks in my situation would have. . . And spread it.
I thank you for your conscientiousness. I work in health care and at the height of this pandemic I was literally the last person any patient wanted to see (some of my friends had patients crying in fear when they showed up-I f'ing hate the misinformation out there). So many people were blase to the idea of spreading it. This post isn't so much for the people here but for anyone else who may happen to read this. While most people will recover, consider a parent not being able to see her child. This happens and is beyond heart breaking. This happened at my wife's facility. This isn't her's, but an example that was published:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7755590/
The following users liked this post:
vtecmom (08-17-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by bruthaboost
I thank you for your conscientiousness. I work in health care and at the height of this pandemic I was literally the last person any patient wanted to see (some of my friends had patients crying in fear when they showed up-I f'ing hate the misinformation out there). So many people were blase to the idea of spreading it.
To be honest, it was at once easy, because I am VERY privileged to be working from home. Past that, I remembered it is a virus: I can't taste it, touch it, feel it, and I can't reason with it. So, the best thing to do is let it die (or lose efficacy) on me.
The following users liked this post:
vtecmom (08-17-2022)