The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Attn PeaceLove&S2K: What about Mayor Filner?

Old 07-27-2013, 11:35 AM

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Default Attn PeaceLove&S2K: What about Mayor Filner?

SAN DIEGO — Mayor Bob Filner announced Friday that he will undergo two weeks of intensive therapy to improve his behavior toward women — a move that did little to quiet the calls for his resignation amid allegations of sexual harassment. Filner told a packed City Hall news conference that he plans to go into an unnamed residential treatment program Aug. 5, where the 70-year-old mayor will be briefed each morning and evening on city business. He said he will return to City Hall on Aug. 19 ready to be "the best mayor I can be." Nothing in the statement suggested that Filner will relinquish any mayoral powers during the two weeks. In his two-minute statement, Filner did not address the increasing demands that he resign. As in previous statements, he acknowledged treating women poorly but stopped short of admitting to sexual harassment. Soon after the first allegations were made, Filner said in a video: "I need help." City Council President Todd Gloria, a fellow Democrat, said Filner's plan only "prolongs the pain he is inflicting on our city at a time when San Diegans are calling for an end to this civic nightmare."

Old 07-27-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You know it's not good when I'm learning about local news from the .