The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

decision time is coming

Old 08-03-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,422 Posts

I have nothing worthwhile to add here. So I'll just post this:

Old 08-03-2017, 04:48 PM

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,422 Posts

Oh. . . I lied.

Joe. . . it's an equation, kinda: you run it into the ground until you can't take the pain. Only you know that.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecmom
Joe you could save Neb for one of your 's
That is definitely on the table, G. Problem is my older son has too many toys already and I'm not sure it's a good idea. My younger son will probably get Doobie the Subie when he graduates, so it's a bit of a challenge. That option is more likely if I just buy my sister's '10 Miata, but still I don't really have the room here for an extra car.

Not sure where I'm going with this yet. As Trunkie points out it's kind of an equation.

No matter what happens, I am grateful that I've had Neb all this time.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo
Hi s

Was musing over the situation this morning and posted this over in New England forum: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-engl...oming-1176058/

Thought I'd share it with my Corner buddies. Take good care. -- Chaz
Yo Chuck!

My thoughts:

1) Definitely try the ND Miata. I don't fit in it or the Alfa (at least not comfortably), but I have multiple friends who rave about it - friends that have owned S2000s and NA/NB Miatas (as well as various exotics/semi exotics). It doesn't have as much power as the S2000 (which was hugely disappointing to me given how cheap HP is these days) but the chassis, brakes, interior, etc are all on point.
2) I had a lot more problems than you (or most, for that matter) with my S2000. I parted ways at 168k or so, with a laundry list of mechanical issues (though no rust). I don't miss that car one bit. All the memories and friends don't go away.
3) The market for used low mileage S2000s is ridiculous.
4) While I'm all about top-always-down convertible life, maybe don't drive it in the winter quite so much.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:43 PM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

That is definitely on the table, G. Problem is my older son has too many toys already and I'm not sure it's a good idea. My younger son will probably get Doobie the Subie when he graduates, so it's a bit of a challenge. That option is more likely if I just buy my sister's '10 Miata, but still I don't really have the room here for an extra car.

Not sure where I'm going with this yet. As Trunkie points out it's kind of an equation.

No matter what happens, I am grateful that I've had Neb all this time.

Joe I will admit I said that with a grain of salt we've NEVER GIVEN a vehicle to any of our 's having them in mamish that time of their lives many of the SPOILED PLATEAU offspring DID get key's for their 16th B-Day's etc...
Spoiler

WE feel they don't appreciate it when that happens. THAT SAID we WERE happy to HELP them acquire their 1st ride and we DID that! They all had jobs and earned $$
They truly DO realize the value of working etc... in this case IMO

You DO what EVER you & Mrs. Joe feel just mom's 2 Lincoln's Heads
Old 08-03-2017, 07:46 PM

Side Note: youngest saved & purchased his SWEET Acura Integra only to have some A$$HAT steal it from UW's parking and leave it stripped on the 5
Old 08-04-2017, 03:10 AM

Yeah, I hear that, G. In the older son's case, it isn't so much that he's spolied, but rather that he's impulsive and has "big eyes." He's a really hard worker, and as a mechanic he is actually able to take care of a car like the S, but with one project car sitting in my mother's garage and a series of bad purchases before that, I have to be careful with him.

Anyway, that really sux about your youngest son's Integra.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Yo Chuck!

My thoughts:

1) Definitely try the ND Miata. I don't fit in it or the Alfa (at least not comfortably), but I have multiple friends who rave about it - friends that have owned S2000s and NA/NB Miatas (as well as various exotics/semi exotics). It doesn't have as much power as the S2000 (which was hugely disappointing to me given how cheap HP is these days) but the chassis, brakes, interior, etc are all on point.
2) I had a lot more problems than you (or most, for that matter) with my S2000. I parted ways at 168k or so, with a laundry list of mechanical issues (though no rust). I don't miss that car one bit. All the memories and friends don't go away.
3) The market for used low mileage S2000s is ridiculous.
4) While I'm all about top-always-down convertible life, maybe don't drive it in the winter quite so much.

I think I'll get a test drive in soon.

Didn't know your S had such problems, Jeff!

Old 08-04-2017, 07:45 AM

Yeah, I hear that, G. In the older son's case, it isn't so much that he's spolied, but rather that he's impulsive and has "big eyes." He's a really hard worker, and as a mechanic he is actually able to take care of a car like the S, but with one project car sitting in my mother's garage and a series of bad purchases before that, I have to be careful with him.

Anyway, that really sux about your youngest son's Integra.
Well I'm sure yours isn't spoiled
But yeah some of the kids in the area we lived in were
I think mine have turned out to know the value of working and earning which is a good thing

Yeah funny story on the Integra > He was in a dorm @ the time @ UW , I get a call one morning > saying he's calling about my car. I was skeptical not knowing WHO truly was on the line I ? him & he says " well is you car outside on the driveway? " I asked him to call back. I call the he looks out his window & says $HIT

now but not then & he had SO MUCH PRIDE in that thing too C-6 goes down to the towed place to see it all stripped
Old 08-04-2017, 08:03 AM

Searched for the of him on the driveway next to it but can't find it
did come across this other 's Pride in ownership

He & I were H he did an engine swap for his Senior Project
The following users liked this post:
shareall (08-18-2017)

Quick Reply: decision time is coming